• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

CHRISTMAS!!!  :sofa:

Ha ha!!

LE is 15 in October so what do you get a 15 year old who is basically not interested in anything lol.

Well maybe that's not fair he likes computer games and erm …..?

We went and opened a Bank Account recently so I guess we will be mostly shoving some money in there for him not that he spends much as he has very limited interests.

What are you getting for your kids this year?

I know it's September but I start thinking early as it takes me months to think of something! I need ideas!

#2 miami girl

miami girl

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

LOL Every year you do this ha ha.

C is into construction type things he wants the metal earth ones, quite a bit of it is star wars stuff.

Littlun (God why do I still call him that on here he is 12 now ha ha) as always wants new Thomas trains, but he wants bears, red and blue t shirts no idea what the hell that is about, 

The others are mostly clothes and things, Erin is 18 next month and is a nightmare to buy for she after driving lessons.

• queen claudia likes this

#3 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:01 PM

Well you know how much I love Christmas ha ha!

I've got absolutely no idea what to get LE so glad at least you've got some ideas.

#4 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hey, I love that you do this Christmas post every year haha.

I’m not sure myself this year L gives me lots of ideas of what he would like and then it sits never played with. L I don’t think has the imagination to interact with the toys he has so is lost with what to do with them after the initial excitement.

At home he goes round the circuit Off his 3 things in a day iPad, xbox and computer... on the odd occasion he mixes it up with his beloved Lego or drawing. Very rare that I see him playing with the rest of his toys.

It’s usually a Lego set off some kind, drawing stuff, xbox game etc I have boxes of Lego everywhere, frustrating thing is he build them, takes them apart after a week or so never to be built again and pieces used for something else. Wish I had a Lego lending library by me so I could donate my mounds of broken down sets... if I only had the time and patience to rebuild and box lol.

And Dd is daft on anything LOL related and seems to want everything out the Smyths catalogue so we’re fine with her.

I’ve decided to make L a weighted blanket this year. He loves his cozy blankets. I bought a great patterned fleece that I’ll sew together and box, and for her I want to make a dolls quiet book that she can interact with. I made a couple for gifts recently.

#5 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

It may not seem it but I think L has quite a few interests there. Drawing and lego. Would have loved LE to show an interest in either of those two. We had piles of it and he would get bought expensive sets that he never used. Used to depress me no end.

He used to love his drawing and writing stories but once he got into computer games he lost interest in absolutely everything else.

I found one in the wardrobe when I was selling some of his stuff on ebay. A lot of it was missing but I managed to get £27 for the bits and pieces that were left over! Lego is hugely popular on ebay just a heads up in case you are looking to shift any. You could be sitting (or standing on lol) a mini goldmine there.

Oh you sound very talented being able to sew all that together. I've got a crochet set and keep promising myself one day I will learn how to crochet. Did try but it's quite difficult to get to grips with!

I don't think I've got the patience for it really although I enjoy getting my knitting needles out now and again although the only thing I've knitted so far is a hat for my cats lol.

LE has just started his Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award so I think I will be getting a lot of items this Christmas to do with that. At the moment can't think of anything else.

#6 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

Wish I had a Lego lending library by me so I could donate my mounds of broken down sets... if I only had the time and patience to rebuild and box lol.

AS QC said there's always ebay.  We've bought quite a lot second hand, and ours enjoy making their won thing as much as sets.  DS1 still wants lego, and likes to have his favourite pieces on display.  Sometimes I half expect him to ask for a duplicate of the set that makes multiple things as he doesn't like to breakdown a model to build another.

#7 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Still got a tonne of birthdays between now and then,

Waiting for my park card thing to arrive got £300 worth of stuff in my amazon basket waiting to be bought ha ha.

#8 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

OMG £300 worth lol.

I'm still waiting for a bit of inspiration. 

#9 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Its not mine thats the joys of having 6 kids and 4 granddaughters and birthdays still between now and then ha ha x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users