• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 madferretlady

madferretlady

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:reading, ferrets, weeding - can't really call it gardening, puzzles, staying sane

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Need advice - re the boys who were tormenting my 9 year old adhd JK in school (resulting in JK getting detention for being stupid enough to write an sign an angry note telling him what he thought of them - using very bad language). Don't condone the language but as I said on my previous post they have been calling him a girl-boy and saying he has a mangina, and pointing and whispering and laughing at him. He just snapped.

Now 2 of these boys have taken to calling at our door asking for him. (The third lives too far away). First instance was Friday - when they knew he was in big trouble about the note because their mothers had complained (I still knew nothing of it). I didn't much like these boys as JK had told me he was getting grief from them, and I didn't trust their motives for calling, so i said he wasn't allowed to go out. I am now pretty sure they called to gloat. One of the boys is particular is a devious piece of work - the type to stir and then sit back the picture of innocence and watch the fall-out.

Anyway they have since called twice more - today my neighbour said she saw them hanging about our front gate laughing, and then shoving one of their wee brothers up to ring our bell and ask for JK while they hid round the corner.

I have had enough - The child isn't even safe at home from them now. I know this isn't strictly the schools business as its happening outside school but i am still going in to mention to the head.

Calling for him in itself doesn't sound particularly bad - their Mothers will just say they are trying to be friendly, but I do not trust them. Am I over-reacting? 

• Sacsovzc and Yurfapkw like this

#2 mad cat lady

mad cat lady

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

No you are not over reacting - these type of children are devious and manipulative. I think it is right to tell the school and also mention to the mother that you don't want them calling (if she is approachable), you need to stop it as quickly as possible, my nephew was tormented at school and then his home and suffered badly.
  • Eggman likes this

#3 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Don't think you are over reacting at all, I would be doing the same if it was any of my children!!

Kids like this just haven't got anything else to do and make another childs life hell!! Sorry to hear you are both going through this!

#4 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Definately speak to the mother and ask for her children not to call round to your house anymore.

Stuff them and the mother you don't want them as friend's anyway.

I would mention (I'd put it in writing and ask for it to be kept on file) it to the school too.

We had an incident some years back at a birthday party LE was attending. He was getting bullied by one of the children (he's left the school now thank goodness) and they had musical chairs party game.

As LE couldn't process information very quickly he didn't stand up from the chair and start walking around quickly enough for this boy who charged over and screamed in his face that he was a half brain in front over everyone.

I was devastated for him even though he didn't really understand at the time.

I wrote to the school as the difficulty with this is that it can spill over into the playground so as far as I'm concerned they need to be aware.

#5 Maryboo

Maryboo

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

I would definitely tell the school. Earlier this year my youngest daughter had a bit of nastiness with a 'friend' and the friends twin brother. This started outside of school but escalated quite suddenly inside school. When I spoke to her tutor he said they prefer to know about things even if it's happening outside of school as then they can be more vigilant and hopefully step in much more quickly to nip things in the bud should it overspill into school.

#6 madferretlady

madferretlady

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:reading, ferrets, weeding - can't really call it gardening, puzzles, staying sane

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

thanks guys. Went into school this morning. Head wasn't there (on a course) so spoke to one of her deputies. This lady knows JK & 2 of the other lads well as she taught them a few years back. She said she was very fond of JK because although he was constantly in mischief he was open and up front (always admitted what he had done), and was in no way devious or a bully. She said she couldn't say the same about the other boys - but it was very difficult to catch them out in anything because they were very slippery. She said she would speak to the head on Monday about what the school could do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users