3 replies to this topic

#1 jennybongo

jennybongo

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Had the Mirena coil fitted about a year ago and I'm wondering whether it is making my skin worse?

I'm 40 and surey shouldn't be worrying about spots at my age! Well. I've never had brilliant skin but it's worse than ever. Especially around my jaw line where I have never had them before..little ones that are persistant and will not go away.
It's making me feel very self conscious and Im not sure whether it's attributed to having the coil fitted.

It's a shame as the coil really suits me. No periods and very little PMT :)

I'm also feeling overwhelmingly tired, no get up and go which is really hard but blood tests are showing up fine so I feel such a fraud.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Edited by jennybongo, 08 September 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#2 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

I don't know about the coil, but have you looked at rosacea as a possible cause? I have it; it's easily treated with either a topical cream or antibiotics (I have the latter because I also get ocular rosacea). xx

#3 Poppet

Poppet

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hi.

I have a similar issue with my implant, which I think (though please don't quote me!) uses the same hormones as your coil. I like the implant, and haven't had any other issues with it, so I've kept it, and even had it replaced 2 years ago when my old one ran out.

The best thing I've found to combat the ache is some minor changes to my diet by adding more fruit and veg (I've always eaten a lot of healthy stuff anyway), only wearing foundation on special occasions, and making sure I make time for a good skin care routine. I will only use 100% natural products now, as a lot of the normal skin care products contain petroleum and other nasties that clog up your pores and can inflame an outbreak. Washing my face in tepid water several times a day helps a lot!

I'm afraid it's not a cure; I still get an outbreak occasionally when I am really stressed, especially around the time I would have normally had my period, but it's stopped me from looking like a join the dot puzzle! When I do have an outbreak I have some tea tree antiseptic cream that I dot on them, and they clear up much faster than if I leave them.

Hope this helps x

#4 KarenAnn

KarenAnn

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:43 PM

I had the mirena coil fitted for a number of years with no problems whatsoever but then everyone is different.

Not much help, sorry x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users