2 replies to this topic

#1 mad cat lady

mad cat lady

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

My DH decided that he needed to get control of some part of his life so ........ He decided to sort out our loft, after 20 years in the same house this is not a job for the faint hearted.
So after a few weeks of disappearing into the loft we now have something unrecognisable, 95% of everything is now in identical plastic oblong boxes, all stacked up on the left looking very neat. He now intends to start on his garage. To put this in perspective, I have spent over 22 years nagging at him to put things away, in the last few years I have found sarcasm to be the most effective, things like "how long does the saw belong the kitchen ?"
The only thing that helps me know he is still him is the odd pile of cables around the house which I dare not touch as they 'may be useful in the future'.

#2 caci

caci

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:41 AM

Wow, I am impressed.

Here, we have things being kept forever 'just in case we need it'. Trouble is these 'things' are kept in random places. Last week I found a bundle of charging cables, stuffed in between my box files, which contain years of paperwork. I am fairly sure one of them is from the old sat nav (which is only a bit faulty), but no idea what the others are for

Wouldn't be quite so bad if the dodgy sat sav and its wire were 'filed' in the same place !

#3 bluewater

bluewater

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

Wish this would happen here! We have things kept just in case, along with the boxes they came in, if bought new (in case they need to be returned - I'm sure some of the suppliers must be out of business by now) + cables (Dh seems to recognise each as an individual, whereas I just see a tangle of wire) + things that could be fixed ...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users