Photo

Marijuana Autism Miracle! (Oh No Not Again!)

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Tatty

Tatty

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,937 posts
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

And no I am NOT saying anyone should go out and illegally buy marijuana for their kids, just like no one goes and buys acid instead of ritalin, OK? So please don't twist this, all I have done is shared a link.
If this is one day a proven miracle drug available on prescription, what is anyones problem?

http://guardianlv.co...autism-miracle/
  • GrillFout, jaquelineba, Frillitle and 21 others like this

#2 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I am in two minds about things like this. Personally I think every possible cure or help whatever it might be should be tested, looked into by professionals because surly with more than 1 in 100 people being diagnosed we have to find something some day.

But on the other hand I think people shouldnt go nuts and try anything on their kids not knowing the full (medical tested) facts because it can end up being this then that and then something else till you have a kid who only eats specific food, sleeps in an oxygen chamber and has 4 tbs of snake oil in their breakfast milk and a joint before bed!

• Tatty and Melissawu like this

#3 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

:wall

I have one simple problem with this article:

It is yet another one-sided argument listing all the claimed benefits of marijuana, completely ignoring all the known negatives of the stuff, and not referring to any of the properly peer-reviewed science.

Anyone who reads blogs or web articles and can't spot an obvious bias like that (and apparently that is about half the population of the world...) is going to have to fall back on their prejudices.

Nice. :huh:

#4 Tatty

Tatty

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Oh no of course, but to just say oh it is illegal and bad is silly, as I should have said ritalin is sold illegally in the form of speed, no one would go and buy it for their ADHD kid, but if medical science can use marijuana in a prescription tried and tested drug why not? All prescribed drugs are illegal without a prescription are they not?

#5 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Here's the biggy:

Marijuana is actually potent enough to relieve many autism symptoms and essentially reestablishes synapses which are vital for correct brain function.

1. Marijuana doesn't relieve any autism symptoms. Medical research has shown that it distorts sensory perception, something that many people with autism already have problems with; it causes memory and learning problems (and autism isn't called a 'learning disability' for nothing); and it causes problems with thinking and problem solving - like people with autism can afford to have that reduced! Marijuana will make autism symptoms worse.
2. Even if the weed did "essentially re-establish synapses" (absolutely no evidence to show that it does) autism isn't caused by any problems with synapses.

Marijuana isn't even arguably a valid treatment for autism. This is just another attempt to exploit the autism lobby to support someone else's campaign.

Oh no of course, but to just say oh it is illegal and bad is silly

As you can see - I haven't. I'm not silly.

#6 Tatty

Tatty

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Oh no of course, but to just say oh it is illegal and bad is silly

As you can see - I haven't. I'm not silly.

No I didn't mean you JR if you look you will see we almost posted at the same time, and I haven't quoted you :)
  • Jolly Roger likes this

#7 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

surley if there were any 100% accurate proven documents anywhere in the world stating that this might help autism or the symptoms of autism a medical company would have latched onto it    making millions   sorry billions 

seths dad has just said he has heard this before  

• Jolly Roger likes this

#8 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Doughnuts, you can say the same about ABA, Son-Rise, and all the biomedical crap sold in all the so-called 'autism clinics' in the world.

#9 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

sorry but i think its all rubbish no one in their right might would give their kids unlicenced drugs ,there is a reason some drugs are illegal 

#10 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

The Daily Mail has found a user.

#11 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

wow only in america 

#12 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Back in the 1960s and 1970s they used to drug autistic kids with tranquilisers.

I can't see how this is any different.

#13 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

i have seen programmes where in some states in america wacky backy is legal but not in others ,guess its just the same as some drugs being legal here and not in other countries ,or not legal  here but are in others 

the thing is if we didnt all know it was a drug sold by drug dealers and illegal and one day our doctor prescribed it as a new legal drug to help our kids  we would proberbly try it 

i think its just that we know what we know about it

#14 Helenllama

Helenllama

Football Crazy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Interests:too much to fit here

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

i have seen programmes where in some states in america wacky backy is legal but not in others ,guess its just the same as some drugs being legal here and not in other countries ,or not legal  here but are in others 

It's not legal in any of the american states that allow it's use as it is a federal matter, or even if Amsterdam for that matter. It's decriminalised/tolerated. In most of the US states this is only for someone with a medical qualifying condition.

#15 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

yes thats it its for medical reasons only ,do they need a prescription for it 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users