#16 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi me again!!

Was wondering how i get a picture onto the space below where i make my comments - think it called Your SIGNATURE SPACE -hope that makes sense .
I GO TO my pictures - PICK ONE THEN HIGHLIGHT IT THEN OPEN IT
I THEN GO TO PROPERTIES AND HIGHLIGHT URL ADRESS BUT WHEN I TRY AND ATTATCH IT TO SPACE IT JUST COMES UP A LOAD OF WRITING
ANY IDEAS? XXXXXX
  • SalvadorSigars likes this

#17 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

UNDER THE WORDING - YESTERDAY IS HISTORY.....
HOPE THAT MAKES IT MORE CLEAR XXXXX

#18 windy ginny

windy ginny

Miss Marple

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

Why do I have to keep signing in all the time - some times it logs out whilst I am posting something....drives me mad...

Any ideas.....?

#19 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

Could it be your interenet connection dropping out while you're in the middle of typing a post? That would explain why you have to log back in before you can actually do anything?

#20 windy ginny

windy ginny

Miss Marple

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

Could it be your interenet connection dropping out while you're in the middle of typing a post? That would explain why you have to log back in before you can actually do anything?

Maybe - but why do I always have to log in - can't the computer just remember me - facebook does!.

:blink:

#21 Huntersmomma

Huntersmomma

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

How do I get my profile photo to show up on left column? I have one added to my profile but was surpised it isnt showing up in left column when I post.. I only see the little symbol, if I put my mouse over it it is there though ~ TX!! Robin ~

#22 Princess Leia

Princess Leia

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

How do I get my profile photo to show up on left column? I have one added to my profile but was surpised it isnt showing up in left column when I post.. I only see the little symbol, if I put my mouse over it it is there though ~ TX!! Robin ~

If you go into My Controls, scroll down and on left hand side is Edit My Avatar Settings. This is where you put the photo/picyure you want to be shown on left hand side of your posts.

Hope this helps.
Princess Leia

#23 Twinkle

Twinkle

LEA Slayer

• The Moderators
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

I thought this might be worth "bumping" for newbies as it tells you how to do quotes and to add photos. :) Check out the start of this thread.

#24 Nina

Nina

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi...

With the old format of ASDf I used to be able to stay logged in... Can you not do this any more?

#25 notbovered

notbovered

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Every since we had a shiny new site, the posts by GOM and Miss Mac (and other moderators?) have a really long "tail" as if the signature block was pages and pages. I have to scroll down for ages to get to the next post and quite often, the board scrambles and puts all the text in one really narrow column. It only seems to happen with moderator posts. Any idea why? Does any-pne else have this problem? What setting do I need to change?

#26 Nina

Nina

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

Every since we had a shiny new site, the posts by GOM and Miss Mac (and other moderators?) have a really long "tail" as if the signature block was pages and pages. I have to scroll down for ages to get to the next post and quite often, the board scrambles and puts all the text in one really narrow column. It only seems to happen with moderator posts. Any idea why? Does any-pne else have this problem? What setting do I need to change?

Hey notbovered!

Its something to do with Internet Explorer and not having the latest version.

There is a post somewhere on here about it and how to sort it... Will try and find it!

Here it is... http://www.asdfriend...l=&fromsearch=1 hope that works and helps!

I am now using FireFox instead of internet explorer and its sorted it out! Firefox is free to download :)

#27 notbovered

notbovered

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thank you. I wondered if it might be that and have been downloading updates (very slow on dial up) ALL WEEKEND. Will keep at it and hopefully everything will be sorted. :-)

#28 notbovered

notbovered

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image I checked and I have the latest version of internet explorer, but its still doing it :-(

#29 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hi...

With the old format of ASDf I used to be able to stay logged in... Can you not do this any more?

Not if your IP changes every time you connect to the internet. The software matches the password your computer has saved with the IP location last used by that password. If it is different, it asks you to log in again.

Posted Image I checked and I have the latest version of internet explorer, but its still doing it :-(

Could it be because you have dial up? I don't know about that one.

Have you tried Firefox?

#30 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

Erm I seem to have logged myself in as invisable, how did I do this? How do I change this?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users