Photo

You know there is autism in the family when...

1061 replies to this topic

#976 purps

purps

Settled in nicely (I'm getting the hang of this...)

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

POPULAR

When you have continuous lines of pencils end to end running all around the house.

• imperfect parent, GrillFout, xingdon6w2 and 176 others like this

#977 Barnaby crumble

Barnaby crumble

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Anything we are doing has to stop as The Big Bang Theory is on. 

the next Hour is spent rewinding the 'good bits'

any mention of going out is met with an eloquent speech on one hundred reasons why that's not a very good idea

going to bed is like the ending to all/any Waltons episode

the dog always looks slightly puzzled when hes being read the 'looking after your dog' plan.

• Pollypip likes this

#978 Tangled

Tangled

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Your son says he cannot sit at the table for tea any longer as his younger brother's feet smell too much! Poor DS2!

#979 carby70

carby70

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

when the only conversation in the car from your dd is how many pylons will we see? will we die if we touch one? why are pylons pretty shapes? why can't I see one now mummy? I like big pylons and small pylons, why do we have different sizes for pylons mummy? etc 

• natstrug likes this

#980 Coral

Coral

little dude

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

When you put make up on in the morning knowing by 12pm you will have a pale spot where you've been licked so much when you finally get out the house and daylight hurts your eyes because u never usually see it When people come round and they jump out their skin when your child randomly screams or shouts but you don't bat an eyelid cos its the norm When u run past the stairs in case you get spat on or something thrown at you When your the only parent in the park letting their child jump in the mud bare foot and your running round flapping cos they finally want to do pretend play and your a bird!!! When your remote has dribble all over it when u finally get to have the tv!
  • Snickas likes this

#981 anita

anita

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

When you specifically remember the exact time you last had a cuddle because it is such a rare thing  (14 y/o, was when I managed to fix his pc almost 2 years ago.. he does not do touching)

when hearing 'what if?' one more time makes you close your eyes and sigh

when you send out 30 birthday party invites knowing there will be maybe 5 brave parents bringing their children

when the bedtime routine consists of reading the same book and singing the same song for the last 4 years or no sleep

when you get into school late and the receptionist already knows its because K 'lost' his shoes again (last time found in next doors garden)

when silence immediatly has you looking for them to find out what they are doing.

just a few...

• hazab likes this

#982 flash

flash

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:crafty stuff

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

when it takes five hours to convince your 15yr old he does need a passport photo even if he never goes anywhere (because the risk of meeting terrorist bombs makes it unsafe to travel on boats and planes and maybe trains) and letting him put on a wet jacket straight from the washing machine because he couldn't possible go outside in another jacket.  lol we cant even go blackpool tower because of those pesky terrorist...

#983 hazab

hazab

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cooking, music, films, wine

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

When the caretaker of the village hall knocks on your door to tell you that your daughter has knocked down a wall to redesign the "den" for the local kids as she thought the old one wasn't big enough or the right shape and there is a sledgehammer propped up against the wall next to the front door! :help:

• Jolly Roger likes this

#984 handle with care...

handle with care...

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:homeopathic and natural treatments
    Keeping my sanity!!!!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

When after years of collecting and begging for every Thomas movie made, he suddenly decides he's too old for them and we need to give them to his younger cousin and get them out of the house, NOW!  (It can't possibly wait another minute...)

#985 hazab

hazab

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cooking, music, films, wine

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

When you specifically remember the exact time you last had a cuddle because it is such a rare thing  (14 y/o, was when I managed to fix his pc almost 2 years ago.. he does not do touching)

when hearing 'what if?' one more time makes you close your eyes and sigh

when you send out 30 birthday party invites knowing there will be maybe 5 brave parents bringing their children

when the bedtime routine consists of reading the same book and singing the same song for the last 4 years or no sleep

when you get into school late and the receptionist already knows its because K 'lost' his shoes again (last time found in next doors garden)

when silence immediatly has you looking for them to find out what they are doing.

just a few...

I know exactly what you mean, I read "The Snowman" every night for years and god help me if I tried to "edit" it, lots more too but the cuddle thing.......I think that's what hurts the most.

#986 flash

flash

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:crafty stuff

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

when visiting a museum that has an interactive war display....every time they set of the air raid warning you have to pile into the Anderson shelter listen to all the bombs go off until the all clear siren goes...no matter what your doing/looking at, no matter how many times it goes off....

honestly the look on ds11 face it was like there was real bombs . goodness knows how he would have reacted if someone had shouted " over the top boys" whilst going through the trenches exhibit. x

#987 Huwbert

Huwbert

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

...when you develop skills you never thought possible 

I can now:-

- beat the world's land-speed record when running to the local shop 30 seconds before it shuts to buy peanut butter!
- Change  Optimis prime to a lorry (and back!) even whilst being harangued  by exclamations, squealing and rather unhelpful criticism at my lack of speed at achieving this!)
- immediately tell by a squeeze and a prod if something non-washable will actually probably survive a washing machine sterilisation 

and ...drum roll........
REPAIR  CEILINGS for under 20 pounds !

• Snickas and Tangled like this

#988 saltair

saltair

Part of the furniture

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

When your two year old wants you to draw a dodecagon, hendecagon, nonagon (polygon happy) and corrects you when you get it wrong!
Oh and 4am is the start of the day :)
  • Jolly Roger likes this

#989 acs13

acs13

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

ha ha ha ha ha cilit bang 'bang and the dirt is gone' how come that is so popular with asd kids???

Do a lot of ASD kids say that one then!!??

oh eight hundred double oh, ten sixty six.... over and over and over again for years - but only every at the Tesco's checkout!!!!

In a bright 'mood' today - is it time for me to get a diagnosis for my son??  Am getting more convinced!  But that's another thread.....

#990 Tangled

Tangled

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

When you ask your DS if he would like an ice cream cone with chocolate buttons on it and his response is "is there any ice cream in it?". The answer is obviously yes - so he doesn't want one!!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users