• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wishful thinker

Wishful thinker

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:yeah, like I've got the time...?

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Anybody know how this works....?
I applied for direct payments about a year ago. Still waiting, still trying to get progress
I have to transport my daughter to school but my ASD son is at another school and goes by taxi. His times will clash with my daughters
To cut a long story short, can I use direct payments to taxi my daughter to school (she's old enough but no bus) in order that I stay home and deal with my sons collections and drop offs? Or is that fraud??
  • Frillitle likes this

#2 Huwbert

Huwbert

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

With my son's DP we are not allowed to use the money in this way.  Only to pay for carers to look after him and to pay for clubs for him to attend.

HUW x

#3 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

Transport to school is the responsibility of the local authority .  Your daughter is eligible for transport if it is too far to to walk ( 2 miles up to age 8, 3 miles older is the general policy) or too dangerous.  the problem isn't your daughter's transport, nor in fact your sons's; it is the incompatibility of both transport arrangements.

Talk to parent partnership, IPSEA and/or SOS SEN to get advice on what is a reasonable arrangement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users