Need Help Getting For My Boys Support!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Support services for Shaun and Riece have gone to POT, new company that they were refered to cant support them and meet their needs has they don't want to leave home and are not ready to leave home (they are home and tenancy support!!). Have looked into seeing if there are any other support companies about that could offer them anything and have found nothing.

Social services said their needs are not substantial and critical to receive direct payments and any further help from them. Re assessment has been refused. Social worker has refered shaun for a advocate and she said this week she don't think there is anything she can do for him but will have a look.

Shaun only has a few weeks of temporary support from Midland Mencap left and then nothing.

Riece receives no support at all from anyone outside home either so at moment its all left too me which I am seriously struggling with, with everything else going on with them all and  my own health issues.

Just don't know who to turn to to get them any help.  Has mentioned in a very polite way from a professional some months ago during my first CAF meeting they said 'it looks like the only way you are going to get the things the kids need - support and help is if you have a nervous breakdown has you have literally tried everything so far to no avail'.  She did say on the side that even though she wouldn't wish this on me but its like that's all that's needed for them to see what's going on and act!!!

Am at a real loss here!!

• Frillitle likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users