#1 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hi guys just thought I’d update you.

We were at our latest paediatrician app yesterday and the upshot is their willing to move forward for assessment.

I think I’m still in shock to be honest, I never thought we’d get to this day, it’s been a long 3 years of trying to persuade professionals to listen. I’m so thrilled with the outcome, it would seem we’re finally progressing forward.

They’ve apparently changed the way the assessment process is managed here in Scotland, it’s now renamed APP with reduced waiting times from 3 years to 18 months. The main difference is that the assessment process is no longer within the schools. The assessments are now held at the hospital and children can now be referred to the pathway with or without school agreement. They have an initial assessment then depending on the outcome they will then take the path that’s best suited to them.

For example as school aren’t in agreement with L having any Asd traits then he will go straight to the FAST team for assessment, there are a couple of other routes depending on the needs of your child and if school are in support etc.

I’m sure it’s a little more in-depth than I’m explaining but I just got made aware of the pathway that L will most likely take. I’ll update when I receive more information further along in the process.

We’ve also been given melatonin slow release to try help settle him bettter during the night, I’m now unsure has anybody any experiencie with this, is it a positive and are their any adverse effects?

It’s odd I was so hyped about it all yesterday, today I feel quite low, is this a normal response?

Tracky1 xx

#2 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Sounds positive.

I think your reaction is quite normal as you spend so much time and energy to get people to recognise you concerns and then when they do the reality its you.  So the high comes from succeeding, and the low from the new reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users