6 replies to this topic

#1 Spiral

Spiral

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

Does anyone else's little ones struggle with the clock changes? My four year old is really out of sorts. It took around six weeks for him to adjust and settle after the clocks went forward last March.

Has anyone developed any coping strategies?

#2 FallenAngel68

FallenAngel68

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

We're lucky that DD has never really been affected with clocks going forward or back.

As the change happens at the weekend, we can be flexible with going to bed & getting up.  DD has always had a very poor sleep pattern anyway so nothing's too rigid.

Sorry I can't offer any coping strategies but hope your DS is ok.

Deb x

#3 miami girl

miami girl

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Littlun woke up at 3 am that morning rather than 4, and was asking for Lunch by 11 am lol.

#4 Spiral

Spiral

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Alex has become soo rigid about everything, he's bouncing of the walls in terms of hitting people and generally throwing things round, like he doesn't quite know what to do with himself. He always does this when new things occur for example when we changed from Virgin media to Sky, having a new remote control in the house threw him for a couple of weeks.

Also despite the clocks going back it's taking longer for him to settle at night, so he's actually going to sleep later than he normally would :/

#5 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

My son always had problems with clock changes, it took him weeks to get round, I always dreaded those times.

#6 Spiral

Spiral

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

Jeanne it sounds as though things have improved though, does that mean that there is some hope yet?

#7 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

Yes there is always hope.  My son is in a care home and he is nearly 21 now so I think there is improvement with age!

• Spiral likes this

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users