• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Jasmine

Jasmine

8 massive gins and a shag

• Admin
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:26 AM

Mic & I are inclined to go for it, but...

...we haven't a clue what it involves!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me neither :unsure: But I'll help anyway :D

#17 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

It'd be much easier for you Cas - you're a local group. Being a national board, life gets a bit trickier to find funding. Although, having said that, we don't mind paying for whatever for the site, but it'd be nice if it was self-funding because then it's a place that really does belong to all of us ;)

I would love to be able to hand over the money side of things to someone else. It's one area I really don't enjoy handling because my record keeping is a bit dodgy. I know I'd never pocket any cash, and I've always paid out more than I've got in, but ask me to prove it, and...

:blush:

That would be an excellent part of actually becoming a charity - we'd need a bank account and someone else to help run it.

#18 Busyknitter

Busyknitter

Surprisingly young and trendy

• Admin
  • 7,045 posts
  • Interests:I like: music (all kinds), singing (mainly hardcore choral SATB stuff), knitting, The Bible, apples, extremely long novels from the nineteenth century, Farscape. I don't like: being tired, cycling on ice, skipping meals, feeling patronised as a "special needs" mum, liver.

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

The Charities Commission document on why organisations should (or should not) become charities and how to do it is awfully long. I'll have proper look at it and see if I can distil out the main points and post them up here.

BK

#19 Libra

Libra

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:00 AM

:) Hi Gareth - consider yourself sponsored by me. Let me know there where and how I am really impressed that you have the get up and go to get up and do it good luck!

#20 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

BUMP!

Welcome to our shiny new upgraded forum, complete with an 80% increase in database capacity and file storage, and a smoother, firmer, sexier rear end! :gareth

And a HUGE thank-you to everyone who has supported ASDf by using the affiliate links scattered around the place when shopping. There are adverts to other affiliate shops in other parts of the site - so have a look! I'm also about to ask the wonderful Bart if he can create a 'shop' page with a quick link to every affiliate we have... (waves at Bart.)

MissMac and I would like to repeat the promise that we always make at this time: no matter how much money is in the account, ASDf's bills will always be paid by raiding MissMac's shoe-shopping budget. (By the way, BK, is there enough money in the account to pay the bills?)

However, we will take whatever support you lot are willing to offer. We have a donation link via paypal at the top of every page, but more important is our collection of affiliate links, where we get a percentage of what you spend without you paying a penny extra. Please use these as much as you can.

Busyknickers controls the bank account into which all these affiliate links pay their commissions, and we have no problem with letting people know the site's finances if they are interested enough. A guaranteed cure for insomnia... However, in the past, we have been looking at figures in the region of 200 per year.

Keep up the shopping, guys. It doesn't cost much to keep ASDf online, and I think it is worth much, much more.

#21 Yorkie

Yorkie

On the Stella!

• Admin
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

I always forget to use the link for my many purchases on Ebay.......... :blush: so, I'll just donate on Paypal, it'll be a damn sight easier!!

#22 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

BK - the session timed out when I sent you cash, so I sent it again. If I've inadvertantly sent you two lots of cash, can you send one back again please, or we can't have any booze for the rest of the month!

Cheers :excellent

#23 danes06

danes06

I'll take two please!!!!!!!!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Interests:Watching my kids going swimming,biking,e-bay

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

What e-mail address do I send a donation to via paypal?

Lisa xx

#24 danes06

danes06

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Ok found it DOH!!!

#25 windy ginny

windy ginny

Miss Marple

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

I always forget to use the link for my many purchases on Ebay.......... :blush: so, I'll just donate on Paypal, it'll be a damn sight easier!!

oops :blush: - me too - :blush: have forwarded a wee amount.

As the ad says - you're worth it!

x

#26 danes06

danes06

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

Sent a bit a bit strapped this month so will send some more next month, you do a great job and without ASDF I wouldn't be sane!!!

Lisa xx

Edited by danes06, 09 July 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#27 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

BK - the session timed out when I sent you cash, so I sent it again. If I've inadvertantly sent you two lots of cash, can you send one back again please, or we can't have any booze for the rest of the month!

No - that comes out of your shoes budget MM not our booze budget. You'll just have to bite the bullet and wear the same shoes twice this month. :P

#28 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

No - that comes out of your shoes budget MM not our booze budget. You'll just have to bite the bullet and wear the same shoes twice this month. :P

:glare:

I'll kick you with my pink DMs if you keep that up!

Thanks to everyone who's chipping in - it's really, really nice of you all to do it. Very kind.

#29 Bart

Bart

Not to be Trusted...

• Admin
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

I'm also about to ask the wonderful Bart if he can create a 'shop' page with a quick link to every affiliate we have... (waves at Bart.)

You see those feet moving rapidly into the distance...

#30 Busyknitter

Busyknitter

Surprisingly young and trendy

• Admin
  • 7,045 posts
  • Interests:I like: music (all kinds), singing (mainly hardcore choral SATB stuff), knitting, The Bible, apples, extremely long novels from the nineteenth century, Farscape. I don't like: being tired, cycling on ice, skipping meals, feeling patronised as a "special needs" mum, liver.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

Booze budget safe to guzzle another day. Only one payment seems to have come through.

(Norby GOM: shoe budgets are the next essential after mortgage payments and before council tax :rolleyes: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users