• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

Just to inform you that our T&Cs have been updated - with many thanks to a friendly IP lawyer who has been helping us out today.

It is a standard set of forum T&Cs adapted to fit ASDf's status as a family support group.

#2 The Card Counter

The Card Counter

A mixed up ball of string that bites

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  • Location:Tall grass at the bottom of a large hill struggling to climb back up
  • Interests:Computers
    Art
    Pets
    Magic
    ASDF
    Harry Potter

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

Where can I read them? And are Autistic people still allowed on the forum?

#3 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Top left of the forum CC - click on where it says 'ASDfriendly Terms and Conditions' underneath the banner.

And of course you're still allowed! Where would we be without you?

#4 Twinkle

Twinkle

LEA Slayer

• The Moderators
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:45 PM

If you look just below the ASD Friendly sign at the top of the main forum page, you will find the T&C. They are just above where you click to log out.

And yes Cardy, afraid you are stuck with us! Autistic people still definitely allowed! :D

#5 The Card Counter

The Card Counter

A mixed up ball of string that bites

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  • Location:Tall grass at the bottom of a large hill struggling to climb back up
  • Interests:Computers
    Art
    Pets
    Magic
    ASDF
    Harry Potter

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

Thank you both :)

#6 Mrs P

Mrs P

rats rule!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

3. While anyone may read the ASDFriendly message boards, in order to post and use the ASDFriendly facilities, you hereby warrant that you are over 18 years of age. Use of ASDFriendly by parties under the age of 18 is prohibited.

sorry to have to ask this but knowing we have at least one member, whom i believe [ happy to b wrong]is still under 18, should they be personally informed they are no longer welcomed. as obviously they may mmiss this important bit

#7 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

We don't have any active members under 18 at present. Unfortunately it appears that it is too much of a legal liability with child protection issues to have members under 18 so we are reverting to our original policy which existed until August 06 when Phoenix was happy to supervise Dodo on site (last post 5th August). DiageoLiam (last posted a month ago) is similarly supervised by his mother.

However, that leaves us wide open to legal action and as we're not a limited company or a charity at the moment, that leaves us personally liable should anything untoward occur on site. We have been advised on this matter by the IP lawyer who revised the T&C for us, and we have taken heed of her warnings. We had no other choice and I'm sure there's not a member of ASDfriendly who would want us to risk our homes and our childrens futures in a game of chance.

At some point in the future we may well open a separate forum for young people and siblings, but that will be subject to its own rules and guidelines.

If either of our under-18 registered members do reappear, we will naturally talk to them and explain in more detail why we have felt it necessary to revert to our original stance, and offer suggestions of alternate support groups for younger members, although we aren't under any obligation to do so.

The rest of the T&C are just a tightened up and more detailed version of what was already there. Makes the lines so much clearer for everyone :)

#8 Jack'sMum

Jack'sMum

Grumpy Old Woman

• 24 Hour Party People
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts
  • Interests:Surviving to fight another day, with my make-up intact

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

SOunds great stuff to me, I actually read it all :excellent and it made sense.

#9 Mrs P

Mrs P

rats rule!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

However, that leaves us wide open to legal action and as we're not a limited company or a charity at the moment, that leaves us personally liable should anything untoward occur on site. We have been advised on this matter by the IP lawyer who revised the T&C for us, and we have taken heed of her warnings. We had no other choice and I'm sure there's not a member of ASDfriendly who would want us to risk our homes and our childrens futures in a game of chance.

of course not in any way shape or form

a sad but totally necessary condition

could i further presume to ask then

with the tightening up youve all already been doing, re spamming and trolls wanting to muck up the board. will you be asking old/new members to give their D.O.B. [confidentially of course, if they wish] as even if they lie, you, as a collective, will have shown to have done as much as humanly possible to protect everyone

#10 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

No, by posting on the boards that is a declaration of acceptance of all T&C by the person involved.

#11 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

In addition, I should point out that the lawyer who has drawn up these T&C for us is an International IP lawyer qualified on both sides of the Atlantic (including Ivy League) to post-graduate level, and has published papers on the subject - she hasn't left us open in any way whatsoever.

Thank you for worrying, but it's really not necessary.

#12 Mrs P

Mrs P

rats rule!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:04 AM

thanks Miss Mac, i was sure you had covered all the bases. well done

#13 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

Oh, it's not me who's covered all the bases. I wouldn't know where to start with legal stuff, but it's always handy having friends who can :)

#14 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

Bump.

We have been advised to 'tweak' the T&Cs, and it is only fair to let everyone know.

#15 phasmid

phasmid

"Up, up and away in my beautiful balloon..."

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

Without the benefit of a 'before' and 'after' the tweak version to look at, can I ask what has been tweaked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users