• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

T has his final date for ADOS the end of this month, it's been a hard year. He has started mainstream secondary school with nothing. His IEP was taken away in year 4 and they wouldn't put anything in place even when new school etc were asking for it to be done.
His anxiety has been so high he is now on meds, it's becoming difficult to give it him in the mornings has that's when his anxiety is at its highest.
Dr who put him on meds is eager for him to leave mainstream has he feels this would help. Since he has only just been given a LSP (which has mixed levels of support and no TA's in school it's becoming very challenging with no consistency!

Am anxious to get this appointment over and get him the right help and support.

Next will be Gary who any day between now and beginning of next year will have his assessment, if it isn't ASD he will be passed on to appropriate services/dr!

#2 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

You need to start an assessment in education as well https://www.ipsea.or...eeds-assessment otherwise he won't get the support,  The information from the ADOS will feed into this.  Request the education assessment as soon as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users