The Re-Introduction Thread

33 replies to this topic

#31 lennie len

lennie len

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts
  • Interests:Art,painting,making costumes,gardening,being outside,observing<br />tra la la,music,yamaha keyboards,ferrets and cats,and probably more :)

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hi.

I am me.

We have ASD in the family.

Two adult nieces dx with Aspergers and many undx suspects.

I have a husband awaiting dx.

A 19 year old with autism traits and two nearly 6ft teenage boys with ASD.

I have a mind that is bulging and popping with too many issues to mention, tra la la, hence the not popping on here too much.

I have distanced myself away from family as I am sure my problems are 

just

too

much.

And probably that's why I have taken myself away from here too.

#32 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Nicely said Lennie, good to see you again.

#33 footy mum

footy mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Reading (when I have me time), baking (as therapy), watching the boys play football (nearly understand the rules!) and trying out as many coffee shops as possible!

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hi all, 

Long time since I've been here. Just been searching for revision help for kids with Aspergers and you all popped up on Google!

So glad to see so many familiar names and its great to read all the updates. 

As for my update, I am still the lone female in house of 5. I now hold the title of the shortest member of the family too, by quite some margin....

M is the tallest at nearly 6ft and still likes those strong bear hugs we had when he was younger. Little bit more life threatening for me now when I'm hugged by him - doesn't know his own strength!

As for everything else not much has changed. Footy still plays a major part in the boys life and I get to sweep up all those little black bits of rubber from the 3G pitches and the mud from the fields on a daily basis. So, with four or five footy kits to wash each week as well I think I'll keep my member name for now!

My original search was for ways to help M with revision techniques as he is half way through Y10 and things are getting tough. So, I'll get back to reading the posts from you lovely people and pinch a few ideas.

#34 frantic-mum

frantic-mum

extremely frantic now

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Interests:reading, looking for info on ASD, swimming with ds,

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm frantic-mum, can't remember when i found this site (so glad i did though)
I abdicated a while ago when things began to get better and now I've popped back to catch up, update etc.

My son was diagnosed with AS at the age of 6, he's now 16, still in the same indie special school that he started at 6yrs ago.

I have a daughter who is now not coping well with life and is thinking of trying to get assessed for ASD.

We've had more than a fair amount of problems over the years with our LA and that is still happening.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users