#1 rc92

rc92

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone!

My name's Rochene, and I'm studying at Liverpool Hope University, currently doing my dissertation.

I'm looking into the parental well being of individuals who care for a child with Autism. I need as many people as possible, so if you are the parent of an autistic child and have a spare 10mins please please fill it in. Both parents can complete it too if you want there is not a limit.

You will be asked questions about your child's symptoms, stigmatisation (if you feel you have been treated differently because of your child's diagnosis) and social support from family and friends. A full explanation of the study is on the first page of the weblink.

Here is the link if you wish to participate https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LDH3PZS

I'm half way there with number of responses but I still need your help!

As always with a piece of research you do not have to complete it if you do not feel comfortable and you can withdraw your answers at any time. However, I must ask that where possible you fill in every question and do not give up half way through as responses cannot be included if incomplete.

Thanks everyone!

My email address is on the link if you want to speak to me, or you can contact me via this forum too, I'm open to any questions or comments you may have :)

#2 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Walking our labrador, Ben.

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Actually the biggest impact on my parental well-being is dealing with lack of knowledge in schools, lack of resources in CAMH, lack of anything remotely helpful/human in the LEA and all the paperwork. None of which is covered in your questionnaire. 

• Eggman and maximus prime like this

#3 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for posting the survey - I've added my responses.

The bottom line for me is, after more than a decade of working as a professional with people with autism & other learning disabilities, I've come to the conclusion that the authorities know how expensive proper care for them and their families will be, and are proactively engaged in a process of resisting delivery of services - just to save cash.

• maximus prime likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users