2 replies to this topic

#1 Loopy67

Loopy67

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Can anyone direct me to any good pip tips on completing forms and transferring from dla please?
Many thanks

#2 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Walking our labrador, Ben.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Contact a family have a pip guide

https://contact.org....9/pip_guide.pdf

What I did was make a blank proforma in word with the same question numbers and description as the pre-printed booklet they send out.

Cut and paste the info from the DLA form into the nearest equivalent box.

Update/type as much as I wanted under each question. 

Cross reference against the EHCP/other documentation I was including. 

Then on the pre-printed form they send you,  I wrote the main point in the tiny box and see attached documentation page <n>,  and EHCP, page <n> para <X>   

Make sure you put name and NI number on all the documents you send back.

#3 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Aprcot has it well covered.  I always work through a whole day noting areas of difficulty .  Waking up, getting up, dressed, washed, breakfast etc etc.  This will jog your memory when you are asked about self help skills.  Our main difficulty is that in theory DS should be able to many of the tasks, but he just doesn't.  Left to his own devices he goes hungry, and only drinks water. 

We had a painless transfer from DL to PIP a few years ago, but the renewal was a nightmare as we asked for a paper review on the PIP helplines advice and were then told they could do it, they couldn't and then they could,before changing their mind again.  Eventually someone spoke to us and decided a face to face interview would be pointless given the info they had and DS was awarded higher rate care and mobility.  Some of the points awarded are a bit strange, but the overall result couldn't be better so I haven't challenged anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users