• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

POPULAR

Footy Crazy has come home totally worked up again!!!!  He really finds it hard when people call him names and not sure how to deal with it. Last time it happened he was advised to have 9 days off college cause he is worked himself up so bad!!!.  Today some 20 yr old lad has been calling him names and he says the teachers have had ago at him. I have emailed his tutor to see whats been going on has he finds it hard to tell us then after he has calmed down a little in 2/3 days he finds it hard to remember the exact details!!!.

He only has till 4 july when he finishes his course and to be honest I cant wait!!!!! I havent found anything else for him yet but he has asked for a few months off but I know he will find this very hard and boring.  His support worker hasn't been to see him in 8 weeks and been informed he is on annual leave at the moment.

I don't know who to turn to  help him deal with these situations, his support worker is hopeless and last time he was here I walked out has he was refusing to accept things footy crazy finds hard and have no concept off!!!!

He is calming down in his room at the moment .  After a very bad day I just don't need him being very distressed!!!

• xingdon6w2, jaquelineba, hulahul2w8 and 66 others like this

#2 Dino mum

Dino mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, drinking coffee, shopping and holding onto my sanity with all my might.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Do you have a social worker you can speak to?

#3 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

We don't have one dino mum, apparently things are just getting worse at college, they are having a meeting Tuesday to establish if they can continue to let him stay at college (he finishes 2 yr course on 4th july). The whole 2 nd year has been hell, he never really had any friends, he has never socialized outside college/school, but at the start of year 2 he mixed with a bad bunch and even though he is 19 was staying out till 11pm not answering his phone in areas he don't know. 

I have asked him what he wants to do after he leaves college and his only answer is 'stay in bed, don't want to ******* go anywhere'.  He don't see anyone (paed etc) so no input at all. Just so lost has what to do for him. I have tried talking to him but he just aint listening/acknowledging what I am saying is beneficial for him. I am not nagging just trying to help and support him but he isn't seeing it!!!!  :(

Its gonna be soo hard to get him on a course if this attitude carries on or he gets kicked of the course!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users