Photo

Family, Nurture, Nature, Genetics, And Choice!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Huwbert

Huwbert

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm so proud and happy !

This is to do with my beautiful eldest daughter, who has had so much to deal with, especially as her ASD brother is so very tricky!

Her biological father decided he was 'single' again when I was pregnant and eventually let me know and left when she was 3 months old, and apart from her baptism, has chosen not to see her ever again.

Later, I met and married the lovely Mr HUW and he adopted her. We then had 2 more children (including her tricky brother)

She is nearly 16 and is delightful! x

Anyway, today she had a lovely lunch with her biological Aunty (the father's little sister). This is a woman who has NEVER missed a birthday, Easter, Christmas etc etc and despite pressure from her own family, has always kept in touch with my DD. Today she (and her eldest daughter) drove hundreds of miles, despite her having a broken toe, just to spend lunch with DD and made her laugh, feel special and totally loved.

Now, to me, that is proof that she is an amazing person and I truly respect her.!
We will never be friends - she is loyal to her brother, and I doubt she particularly likes me, but she is AMAZING to do this for my beautiful DD.

I've sent her a PM to say thank you. I am so proud and happy that my DD has her in her life, despite it all ! Today - it feels great to feel good about something, and that ASD was nowhere to be seen in that!!

HUW x
  • Miss Mac, mrselvis, Janey and 12 others like this

#2 maximus prime

maximus prime

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

That's lovely Huw, what a thoroughly decent person your dd's auntie must be. x
  • Huwbert likes this

#3 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

She is lovely , your daughter (well both, and your son) .... An you know why she is lovely? Cos you and Mr Huw are some of the kindest and most generous people I know, and that rubs off on nt children x
  • Huwbert likes this

#4 Tangled

Tangled

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

It brought a smile to my face reading about your daughter's Auntie. It would have been so easy for her to let this relationship slide but what a benefit to your daughter that she hasn't. Lovely to read a positive post. xx
  • Huwbert likes this

#5 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Who could fail to be enchanted by your gorgeous DD1?!

That's a lovely post. Thank you for sharing.

xx
  • Huwbert likes this

#6 Doryfish

Doryfish

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

How delightful! A super post and so positive. :)
  • Huwbert likes this

#7 Huwbert

Huwbert

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

So ...

My gorgeous daughter and I have been talking   - does she want to get in touch with her first Dad (the genetic one!)?

My best pal has twins and their Dad decided to have  nothing to do with them from when they were 10  - he sadly died ( just after they turned 18 :(  )

So we had the talk - life is short etc

DD decided she'd like to find out more and I phoned the AMAZING aunt (his sister ) to test the waters

Outcome. - they have now met. - he said he was an immature idiot before and that he is sorry, and they have made a bond.  He lives far away but he has come down to meet her several times, she's been to his house and met her 3 younger siblings, he's not trying to buy her, or make up for lost time, he's trying to make a solid relationship from this point on !!

My husband. (her adoptive Dad) is being a total rock and my eldest is so happy .  She feels secure with her Dad (my husband). And is so happy to build something positive with first Dad!

I met him (after 18 years!!)   and he said sorry and thank you for everything . 
It's all working out

THANK YOU to the Aunt who never gave up on her family and who has been there for all of us  - what a bloody marvellous person!

• Helenllama, Eggman, caci and 1 other like this

#8 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Awww that's lovely - she is a lovely girl . I am glad it is working out - you and Mr HUW are wonderful parents to all your children x
  • Huwbert likes this

#9 caci

caci

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

:D

I am so pleased that he (biological Dad) has now realised what he was missing by cutting himself off from you all.

Edited by caci, 09 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

• Huwbert likes this

#10 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

:) Brilliant news.

It's the fantastic foundation of family life and values that you and Mr HUW have given DD that made this possible. I'm so happy for you all. xxx
  • Huwbert likes this

#11 Tangled

Tangled

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Lovely to read how well things are going, so pleased for you and your DD. Must have been sweet hearing that apology too!! xx
  • Huwbert likes this

#12 Lizbet

Lizbet

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:Reading, photography and surviving the day!!!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

That is so lovely to read, no wonder you are proud of your DD :) You and Mr Huw need to take credit where credit is due, you could have allowed bitterness to reign but you didnt and you allowed the relationship between your DD and her aunt to grow and you have seen the result. Well done :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users