Jump to content
* Required Information
Between 3 and 26 characters
Between 3 and 32 characters
Send me news and information
ASDfriendly.org's Forum Terms & Rules
1. By using ASDFriendly, you hereby agree to be bound to ASDFriendly's terms and conditions, which take effect immediately from your first use of ASDFriendly. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these terms do not use ASDFriendly.
2. ASDFriendly may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by ASDFriendly. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. While anyone may read the ASDFriendly message boards, in order to post and use the ASDFriendly facilities, you hereby warrant that you are over 18 years of age.
Use of ASDFriendly by parties under the age of 18 is prohibited.
Goals of ASDFriendly
ASDFriendly is a support forum for parents and carers of children on the Autism spectrum. ASDFriendly is not a campaigning organisation. Although discussions about campaigns are welcome, any threads organising, planning or recruiting for campaigns without the explicit authorisation of the administrators of ASDFriendly will be deleted. It is entirely in the discretion of the administrators of ASDFriendly whether or not a thread or post constitutes campaigning.
Use of ASDFriendly
4. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use ASDFriendly content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any ASDFriendly content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of ASDFriendly content requires the prior written permission of owners of ASDFriendly.
5. You agree to use ASDFriendly only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of ASDFriendly. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within ASDFriendly.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
6. ASDFriendly content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the ASDFriendly, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
7. Under no circumstances will ASDFriendly be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
(a) loss of data;
( b ) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
( c ) loss of business;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
(f) losses suffered by third parties; or
(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of ASDFriendly regardless of the form of action.
8. ASDFriendly does not warrant that functions contained in ASDFriendly content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that ASDFriendly or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
9. The names, images and logos identifying ASDFriendly or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of ASDFriendly and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of ASDFriendly, or any other third party.
Contributions to ASDFriendly
10. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to ASDFriendly and its owners, and administrators (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant ASDFriendly a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to ASDFriendly the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to ASDFriendly.
11. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to ASDFriendly, you warrant that your contribution:is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to ASDFriendly for all the purposes specified above;is not defamatory;does not infringe any law;indemnify ASDFriendly against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by ASDFriendly as a result of your breach of the above warranty;waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on ASDFriendly and the purposes specified above.
ASDFriendly Community Rules
12. You agree to use ASDFriendly (including Message Boards, personal message services and any or all other facilities provided to registered members by ASDFriendly) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all ASDFriendly community sites and services, including personal messages which may not be seen by all users of the service.
Regarding all contributions:
* Contributions must be civil and tasteful
* No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
* No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
* Multiple accounts and/or multiple logins, whether in the same name or different names, are not permitted. If you use multiple logins for any purpose or allow others to use your account you will have action taken against all your accounts.
* Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant ASDFriendly Community.
* No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
* No advertising
* No impersonation
* No campaigning without the explicit authorisation of the administrators of ASDFriendly.
* No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
* No personal campaigns. This is not the place to promote your own agenda and win converts. * Accept differences of opinion. If someone disagrees with you, then accept that they have that right. If you don't like it, ignore them.
* No flamebaiting. This can be defined as provoking an angry response either by goading another member or repeatedly misrepresenting someone's comments as a justification for attacking them.
In addition, it must be recognised that ASDFriendly can accept no legal duty of care towards its members. The site is not staffed 24/7 and we are not trained to take on this level of responsibility. In the case of medical emergency, the appropriate emergency services must be contacted in the first instance.
Violation of these Community Rules may result in action taken against an account. Any action taken will be entirely at the discretion of the administrators of ASDFriendly and may include temporary or permanent bans on use of ASDFriendly facilities.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. In addition, as ASDFriendly is a support group for parents dealing with children, while it is not required it is strongly recommended that children's names or information that may identify them in real life not be used on ASDFriendly. It is strongly recommended that nicknames be used when referring to children.
* You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in ASDFriendly Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
* Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
* You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
* The views expressed in ASDFriendly Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of the owners, operators or administrators of ASDFriendly.
If you fail to abide by these terms and conditions when taking part in a ASDFriendly service, you may be contacted to inform you why your contribution has contravened these terms and conditions, and your contribution may be deleted, failed or edited in order to ensure compliance. This mail may also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts. This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of ASDFriendly Community areas. If any disciplinary action is taken against an ASDFriendly user, any subsequent registration under another name by that member, or use of another existing account by that member, will also be prohibited. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to ASDFriendly Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on ASDFriendly, and ASDFriendly considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, ASDFriendly may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.ASDFriendly reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason. Action may include but is not limited to temporary, time limited or permanent supension from using part or all of the ASDFriendly facility.
The ASDFriendly forum moderators have full authority to use their own judgement in these matters and, if they see fit, use any of the measures described here or other appropriate measures at their disposal. Moderation happens rarely on ASDf, but when it does you agree to act on the instruction given by the moderator. Should you choose not to do this, the moderator may take action against your account.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on ASDFriendly then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.9Licensed to: ASDfriendly.org