Assessment For An Adult

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Busyknitter

Busyknitter

Surprisingly young and trendy

• Admin
  • 7,045 posts
  • Interests:I like: music (all kinds), singing (mainly hardcore choral SATB stuff), knitting, The Bible, apples, extremely long novels from the nineteenth century, Farscape. I don't like: being tired, cycling on ice, skipping meals, feeling patronised as a "special needs" mum, liver.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

Does anyone have knowledge of either the Vicky Bliss or the Liverpool NHS assessment services, particularly within the context of assessment of a young adult for possible high functioning autism/Aspergers?If so, I would be most grateful for any advice or experiences that could be shared. We are just starting down the road of assessment for my older son who is nearly 21. We've always known he's probably somewhere in that grey bit of the spectrum that is hard to pinpoint.  We decided early on to avoid pathologising his situation as he was apparently getting on with his life. He now very clearly isn't.

The Vicky Bliss service is very local to us and is probably where the GP will want to refer, but I have concerns about working with what seems to be a small husband-and-wife team that is outside the NHS to explore such an important question.

#2 caci

caci

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

BK, I will PM you

#3 maximus prime

maximus prime

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

No advice on assessment BK but following your story as my eldest is currently falling to pieces and whilst he has a dyspraxia diagnosis it's something that crosses my mind too. So tough, we're seeing the gp mid week so might have more to add then.

#4 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

Sadly, I read this a couple of weeks ago in the Liverpool Echo
http://www.liverpool...n-limbo-8888310

I'm not sure if the adult services are facing the same delays, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was :(

If you do get a chance to say who you want the referral made to, I would suggest The Wirral.
Adult Mental Health Division
The Stein Centre
St Catherine's Hospital
Derby Road
Wirral
CH42 0LQ

Edited by Snickas, 07 April 2015 - 09:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users