#1 AdenCj

AdenCj

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and am wondering if anyone knows anything about DAMP Syndrome? My sons (almost 7) is going through a self referred diagnosis process at the moment and the pediatrician has suggested this as a possible diagnosis. 

• Seedempacle, ccsshop, WEILLASMOLELS and 11 others like this

#2 Bombys mum

Bombys mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Cooking,Playing with the children.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi ,my son is 9 and has a dx of DAMP,and has ASD not sure if this is part of the DAMP or a separate dx.I  think his quirks are covered better by the DAMP rather than just ASD he is dypraxic as well.Dyspraxia

Attention.

Motor.

Perception.

I think that's what it stands for.

#3 AdenCj

AdenCj

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I've been doing a bit of research and discussing a few different 'quirks' my son has with professionals too.

They told me that DAMP stands for Deficits in Attention, Motor Control and Perception. 

We will have our appointment at the Women's and Children's Hospital in the next few weeks so hopefully things will become clearer then.

Having said that his assessment will be hampered by the fact that he now has a right elbow monteggia fracture, done at the playground at school.

Take care all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users