Photo

Sorry Been Missing In Action But I'm Back Now.

11 replies to this topic

#1 maximus prime

maximus prime

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hello again everyone, really sorry I went AWOL everything got a bit too much and I went into hiding. Not sure that anything has improved much either tbh but I've missed you all.

Mozzy.......so happy to see you back :D

Well what's happening here? Jack's not doing too badly the prospect of next year and new challenges is weighing a bit heavily at times but he's still making progress and surprising me often if he could just remember to pull the plug out after his bath as well then that would be great.

Lucy isn't doing brilliantly,we had a lull whilst she had a good TA, she's now left and Lucy is fading fast.Sent in a blistering email to HT and SENCo yesterday and today had the decision letter from her latest AR where they won't amend her statement or give more support (but school can apply for temporary funding for extra support so she obviously needs it but they don't want it official or documented on the statement) so we are off to appeal and will most likely look for a change of placement as well.

My marriage has/is breaking down so husband will be leaving in due course, I'm not even sad to be honest so think it's long overdue, we will stay on friendly terms hopefully for the children's sake as there is no one else involved it's just run its course I think.

The other three are happy enough and Eric the dog is a pest but loveable with plenty of autistic traits as well :rolleyes: , was always going to happen wasn't it ?

Anyway off to catch up with what I've missed to distract me from starting organising the appeal whilst I'm still irrational :rolleyes:

• Mozzy and Jolly Roger like this

#2 caci

caci

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

:D to see you are back, but so sorry to hear about your marriage. :(

Wishing you strength to fight for Lucy's needs xx

#3 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

Yay Great to see you back.

Sorry to hear about your marriage.

Hope that things get resloved with school and things pick up for Lucy real soon.

Lovely to hear the others are fine too.

Well where to start,  Littlun is doing just fine, and now got his pead to say that he has Autism rather than severe, C is due to start yr 7 in Sept, and was due to leave his current brilliant school same school as LIttlun, as he not got a dx of either autism or adhd, I threatened to take county to tribunal and got the paperwork thats how far it went as they backed down.

Which of course is fabulous.

Jade is now about to leave uni, and do her post grad, she is now married, and Esmé will be starting school in September,

My eldest daughter is working and also a Mum, and youngest dd, is doing just fine she is going into yr 11 in september, she is a maths mentour at school and is doing incrediably well.

Dh and I are plodding along as always and of course we have the brothers bear pups that keep us on our toes.

#4 mad cat lady

mad cat lady

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

Glad to see you back but sorry for the reasons.

I hope you and DH can manage to stay on good terms as the last thing you need is another fight on your hands.

I know you were always nervous of this placement for Lucy but have tried really hard to make it work, it is such a shame that your dedication is not being reciprocated by the school.

Big hugs

#5 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

So happy to see you back and to hear Jack is doing ok :) knowing you Lucy won't be far behind him - remember you've done this once you can do it again, if anyone can you can :)

I'm currently trying to sleep with 4 dogs at least two of which are 'special' it was bound to happen with Eric LMAO.

Sorry about your personal life.

Very happy to see you back on ASDF you have been missed :)

#6 maximus prime

maximus prime

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

Four dogs Mozzy?!!! You are brave, Eric runs me ragged some days. I suspect he is probably not as well behaved as yours though. He went to be groomed yesterday,he makes them laugh there too not least because he hides behind my legs when we walk in, "talks" by whining, snorting and sneezing all the time he's there, cries like a baby when I walk in to collect him and helps himself to a toy (that I always end up buying) to parade around the shop with whilst I pay. 

• Mozzy, Eggman and miami girl like this

#7 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

*waves* Good to see you, but it sounds like it's been more than hard going lately. Sorry to hear things are being so tough for you.

Keep your chin up. You're amazing - never forget that x

#8 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

Welcome back; you have been missed..

Sorry to hear the difficulties you've been having.  We're on the Tribunal road again, and looking for another placement.  I'm very much looking forward to putting education behind us; not that I expect it to be any easier, but it will at least be a new challenge.  

#9 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

MP, I should have said they are not all my dogs! I was dog sitting for a friend too!

I love your Eric stories he is such a funny pup :) 

#10 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

MP, great to see you back missed you so much but so sad to hear about all your difficulties. Why oh why does everything have to happen at once!

No there probably isn't but if there is anything I can do please let me know and take care of yourself.

#11 Tangled

Tangled

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

Hi MP

Sorry to hear about all you have going on.

It must be very frustrating about Lucy and her placement as you have seen that it could work with good support. Having experience now of an ASC resource attached to a mainstream high I really think all schools should have one (it would have been great for us if my son could have the support he's getting now but at his local high school).

Great to see you back on here xx

#12 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

MP is back.

All is well.
  • Eggman and imperfect parent like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic