5 replies to this topic

#1 maximus prime

maximus prime

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

I have an Audible subscription but whilst browsing I found this site https://www.listenin...&sponsored=Truewhich allows an unlimited number of books for an annual membership fee of £20 for people with an eligible disability (ASD qualifies) which is a lot less than I pay.

I know Jack and Lucy listen to audio books to help them sleep so I'd guess some of yours do too and thought this site is worth knowing about 

#2 caci

caci

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for posting this.

We are still buying loads of books on cassette tape here, so maybe with this we can inch towards to 21st century ! 

#3 maximus prime

maximus prime

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

Cassettes!  :o my lot consider me ancient because I have a couple on CD although I do now know how to put them on my phone so don't listen to them on CD anymore. If you like thrillers I'm happy to pass them on to you (Ian Rankin from what I remember) 

#4 Ymum

Ymum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Church Children Books

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

I'll def be looking we get books on cd out of the library to help my older girls sleep this looks great.

#5 caci

caci

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

Ian Rankin is the sort of thing my husband listens to. I am sure he would love yours if they are ones he doesn't already have. Could you let me know which ones you have, and I will work out how to send money to you to cover the postage. Thank you x

#6 goinginsane

goinginsane

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Have just joined listening books, been trying to find something not too expensive and this is perfect, thanks MP. Shadow will thank me too as I read to him (he doesn't like reading) and he says I haven't got a great reading voice, as in I cant do the characters voices very well, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users