• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

Tyler -

has been under CAHMS for his anxiety for over 6 months now and a few months ago it got quite bad, we were meant to see  another therapist a few weeks later, since i pushed for him to be seen urgently after a few appointments and family therapist came back from annual leave it was decided that CBT isnt ideal for him. Found out today that it was because of his lack of understanding of his feelings etc. just handed over a social communication questionaire and conners 3 to be told they want to eliminate ASD and that i should hear by thursday if psych6iatrist wants to see him and have assesment. been given 2 more questionaires and they are sending school some has well.

They are also looking into if he is depressed and needs to be medicated.

Has anyone had to fill in many questionaires via cahms before? new lot are The High Functioning ASD screening questionaire and Vanderbilt ADHD diagnostic parenting scale!

Gary - On another note had a phone call following my self referal last week to be told GP has to do one to psychiatric team which they are chasing up themsleves and hopefully he will be assessed soon. GP has mentioned ASD in her first referal which went to wrong department and case got closed without any notification.  What ever it is we just need to know so help and support can be put in place soon. He only has 4 weeks left before he leaves college and not sure where to go from there to be honest has Gary has been struggling alot more.

feeling exhausted by it all :(

#2 bluewater

bluewater

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

Hi Sonia07,

I hope you are feeling a bit better

I don't think I quite anticipated how much energy goes into trying to get help etc, and that is only for 1 child (he has aspergers, been refusing school shortly after starting secondary nearly two years ago, anxiety in some situations). We filled in just one questionnaire for CAMHS when they finally got around to seeing him (7 month wait), but I can't remember the title. 

I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon

#3 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

Very overwhelmed tbh, this week has been very testing and exhausting. Dealing with so many issues/problems at once with them all and some needing my 100% attention and energy is a challenge.

Things are starting to gradually fall in place but it's taking a while.
Psychiatrist will be calling me soon regarding T to see if he can offer a earlier appointment rather than wait 2 weeks. Still not heard about G's referral.

On a good note things are starting to fall in place for Shaun and it's going well!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users