#1 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hi there.

After tearing my hair out for months trying to figure out what to get LE dh decided on an Xbox One which LE has been after for ages. I was surprised he agreed to buy it for him but I think we were totally stumped this year what to get him.

He already has a PS3/4, Wii U and a Tablet so I can understand dh's reluctance!

Dh has bought me a 10 inch tablet. I told him I didn't want anything as I hate spending money on myself I just feel guilty but he insisted I have it. He won't let me have it till Christmas Day and really looking forward to downloading some games.

Dh is very difficult to buy for so he is buying something for himself but got him some nice slippers, warm pyjama set and smelly's so far. He likes those little alcoholic gift sets so will pick a few of them up too.

LE has bought our two new black rescue kittens a bunch of toys and some treats with his own money.

Just interested what you have got or expecting? 

#2 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

Where to start lol,

Littlun has Thomas Thomas and Thomas lol, oh and a cuddly seal and couple of teddy bears as he wanted them.

C is into Dr Who and lego and got him dvds, also got him an x box and skylanders and some of those figures that go with it.

Erin got a tablet and an x box, clothes smellies trainers and god knows what else,

Girls have got clothes boots, smellies dvds music and all that.

Eldest ds has clothes coats smellies trainers ect.

Mum got smellies games for her ds making her up a hamper with tea and buscuits.

Dh got him tickets to watch the snooker live at Alexandra palace, clothes, coat, games for his x box, mug, bottle of irish wiskey.

As for me not sure what I want really clothes, pandora, perfume pjs the usual really lol.

• Eggman likes this

#3 maximus prime

maximus prime

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:21 PM

Lucy has a new laptop and a graphics tablet  :rolleyes: books, games, art stuff. She made me laugh because she said she was looking forward to lots of surprises because she hadn't put much on her list. Admittedly the list was shorter than the two sides of A4 she normally writes but the cost was around £800  :o She's got some of what she asked for but the rest will be supplied on her birthday.

Jack's got a couple of PS4 games, some dvd's, books, art stuff but generally only the stuff that he has explicitly requested as surprises are too stressful for him and unlikely to be a success either.

Dd has a designer purse that cost a stupid amount but she has been coveting it for ages so will be extremely happy, bought eldest dses games,dvd's, books, clothes. The eldest three never want anything so aren't terribly good at giving me ideas tbh so stick to "safe" gifts.

Eric has lots of squeaky toys and outfits so that I can laugh at him whilst he struts up and down showing them off  :lol:

• Eggman likes this

#4 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

It can be tough thinking of gifts that L will really like and play with. So we've gone for Lego train set that he has spoke about for a while and power rangers mega robot thing, we have also decided on a Amazon tablet so that I can get mine back again

For Dd it was easier baby annabelle and Pram and dolls house.

The worrying part is L won't write his Santa list so hope he doesn't give Santa any unexpected wishes
  • Eggman likes this

#5 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

MP, that's what LE said .... and lots of Christmas surprises at the end of his Santa letter lol. Cheeky monkey. I'm certain he doesn't believe in Santa any more but I think he's worried if he doesn't he won't get as many presents!

Dh makes me laugh as every year he gives me a lecture about not spending too much money then goes completely over the top himself. He telephoned me before to tell me he's picked him up a flat screen TV that he can use with his Xbox.

We've always believed bedrooms are to sleep in so have been reluctant to put TV's, consoles etc in there but after us spending 5 hours hiding upstairs when LE had his friend round the other day so as not to cramp his style I think dh has changed his mind!

Still not quite sure if we will put it upstairs as we'll never see him unless we just have very strict times when he can use it.

#6 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

Boo's getting a sewing machine (amongst other things), and a 'my first sewing machine' book with simple patterns. She loves the idea of making her own clothes and accessories, so we thought we'd surprise her.
  • Eggman likes this

#7 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Kadenza, I remember getting my first sewing machine when I was around 12. It was a proper sewing machine, one of those old lovely black Singer ones that folded down into a beautiful oak table!

It was stunning but can't remember what happened to it. We probably sold it on when I got bored of it I imagine but wish I still had it.

Hope Boo enjoys her present sounds right up her street.

#8 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Sounds lovely, Eggman. :)
  • Eggman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users