• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

L's new school applied for minibus for him, he is due to start secondary school September. Just been notified hat he has been refused and will have to use public transport with a guide. If he didn't have toileting issues I wouldn't have a problem with it but he does and it would be so horrible for him if ever he has a accident and has to travel 5 miles both ways.

Can anyone help me with the appeal I only have 10 days to get it in?

#2 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

There's sossen you can use or ipsea who offer free advice just google. Otherwise can you afford barrister solicitors for appeal. Sometimes just getting a solicitor to write a letter can work wonders. I'm not 100% sure but if school is named on statement then they have to provide transport???? Anyone clarify this? We had to get a barrister and solicitors involved as we wanted independent school plus transport. They were having non of it until we got them involved.

#3 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Walking our labrador, Ben.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

Use numbers. If you are appealing on the grounds of accidents then you need to have evidence of how many accidents.

e.g. 2 per day is a high risk of accidents on the bus. 2 per month is a low risk.

Having spare clothes and changing facilities at school and a low risk of accidents may be deemed 'acceptable' so you'd have to show the damage this would do to LS - transport is supposed to be non-stressful and deliver the child to school ready to learn.
Does LS gets upset about accidents so will refuse to get on the bus in case he has one? Has he a history of anxiety? Could bus related stress lead to him refusing school? 

• imperfect parent likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users