Interests!

2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

R love football, big time!!! Now I have pulled him out of college since February it's been a challenge to find him something. He now does football training on a Thursday morning and plays Friday evening at a local well known football club who do sessions for people with disabilities.
Now, someone who works with the kids has ground a place in Shropshire offering a 6 week course one day a week trying new things, it is on a Thursday and won't give his football training up at all, I am fine with this bug this other person isn't ( she has worked with kids/young people with autism/disabilities for over 20 years now), he was supposed to leave football a hour early yesterday to go to a interview to see if they can find him anything. He didn't and I was unable to pick him up and take him. Now bearing in mind R has no understanding of time!!
Now yesterday I get a text from said person asking how did it go and I told her I had to rearrange it, part of her reply was 'I'm just worried about his rigidity around Thursday football sessions'. He also refuses to do volunteering work at J's school playscheme on this day too ( holidays only).

He isn't the only one with similar issues K and T have around their Xbox and T shuts down, displays anxiety, occasional meltdowns, K sometimes looses it and shuts down too. T told me only yesterday that he wants to talk to his friends and not come outside but it's constantly every day from the time he gets up till he goes to bed. It's not healthy at all, and now K has injured his hand it's affecting his writing/exams!!!
Not sure what to do ere!!

#2 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Who is this other person and why does she think she has the right to tell you and your son what you should and shouldn't be doing? It sounds like you have managed to find something that makes him happy so why interfere with that to get him to do 'lots of other activities' whatever that means.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. There are plenty of NT children who love football and are totally obsessed with it. I'm not really sure this sounds like an unhealthy obsession to me particularly as it's obviously keeping him very fit.

#3 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

The other person is a lady who works with most of my kids, I have known her for for just over 3 years now. I don't see it has a problem has he loves being active. Many people keep commenting has he is on the bulky side (in the past) but has always have been a very active lad. I personally think football is giving him something to get up for something he likes doing and is keeping him active.
I am a bit annoyed that she wants to take this away from him after the hard work we both had in finding him stuff.
We are awaiting to see if this programme will finish has the club has been taken over, it's now hanging in balance which will have a effect on him!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users