28 replies to this topic

#16 Swan

Swan

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

I had a call from Capita this morning, He said he was a nurse and that he wasn't going to call my DS for a face to face (phew).

He asked a few questions and said he was preparing the report for the DWP there and then.

• Miss Mac likes this

#17 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

The phone number is an ATOS one. How long are people generally waiting to hear back?

ATOS are  doing Es, they wrote about 2/3 wks ago to say  they were writing for more information from the (many) professionals named on the forms..  Personally I find it galling that his new award was only November last year and was up to Nov 2019 and because he has had his 16th birthday it has to be changed, its not like his needs have changed just as he's had a birthday, but hey I suppose there has to be a line somewhere ..

We're in much the same boat, other than they only gave him a short term DLA this time (only 18 months) until he's 16.5. Suppose they knew it'd be switching over at 16.

#18 mrselvis

mrselvis

Jail house rocker

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

I heard back within the month, it was the DWP decision maker who phoned to tell me. My son was given an ongoing award for both care and mobility.

#19 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

I just have everything crossed that he retains the equivalent of higher for both. It really shouldn't be in any doubt, but you know how these things go  :crazy:

#20 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Just heard back. It's enhanced rate for both care and mobility "for an ongoing period" with contact in 10 years time to make sure that things are unchanged. 

I'm pleased - and relieved!

• Swan, sunflower1, Kadenza and 1 other like this

#21 mrselvis

mrselvis

Jail house rocker

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

We got the same ongoing award too, it's such a relief. Delighted for you!
  • Miss Mac likes this

#22 Swan

Swan

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

Just heard back. It's enhanced rate for both care and mobility "for an ongoing period" with contact in 10 years time to make sure that things are unchanged. 

I'm pleased - and relieved!

Well done. I still haven't had a result yet. I hope it's soon.

#23 Swan

Swan

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Happy to say DS awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility for an ongoing period to be reviewed in 2026. Phew! Glad that's sorted.

The postman put the letter in my neighbours house by mistake who knocked the door this evening when she got home. Good job she wasn't on holiday for a fortnight!

Edited by Swan, 04 June 2016 - 06:26 PM.

• Miss Mac and mrselvis like this

#24 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Walking our labrador, Ben.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

We got enhanced rate daily living and no mobility for 3 years. No face-to-face interview. Very relieved. 

• mrselvis, Swan and caci like this

#25 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Can I ask EHCP means?  I rang the number for DLA as my son needs the higher rate to enable me to get a mobility car for him as he is going into independent living soon, currently he's in a mental health hospital.  The DLA said they will tell PIP who will send me out a letter for me then to ring them, what a system.  Has anyone else been told the same?  My son is blind in one eye and nearly blind in the other.  I do hope he doesn't have to have a face to face assessment.  How long does it take from when you send the forms back to you hearing from them?  Also how long do they give you before you have to send the completed forms back?  Is it from the phone call I will have to do once I receive the letter from PIP as I've been told or is from when you receive the forms?

#26 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

EHCP = Education Health and Care Plan. The replacement for statement of SEN.

If you ask for a change to DLA as an adult, you trigger the start of the PIP process.

They send you a letter inviting you to claim PIP.

If you don't claim, then DLA stops.

You have to ring up to make the claim.

As soon as you make the phone call to claim, the clock starts. Then you have a month from the phone call to get the form filled in and sent back. I rang up before a bank holiday so lost a week of filling in time - didn't realize the countdown starts from the phone call not from when you get the forms.

The call centre person will read questions from a script. Then you get a printed form sent out to you to complete. There is no electronic version.

It is OK to type your answers on another sheet and then write in the tiny boxes on the official form - see attached document page 5 paragraph 3. Make sure you write his National Insurance number/date of birth/name on everything before you send it.

We were invited to claim in Feb and switched to PIP in July. You keep getting DLA while they make a decision.

#27 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

Thanks very much for your help.

#28 sunflower1

sunflower1

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Have read all the useful info in these post. Just completing son's form. He has just turned 18. He used to get middle rate care and mobility under the old DLA. He is at a residential school right now and hopeful going to uni this year or next - so academically able. It is just all the rest....

I think I am OK completing the form and referencing the detail in his EHC plan or reports. But not sure how the face to face will be. DS will be monosyllabic,  but none of is disabilities will be visual or clear as they come to the for in social and daily task activities - ie he can't navigate social situations or plan daily task without structure and support

What is your advice re the face to face assessment? I could probably persuade him to attend with me but unsure what the assessment would involve and how it would play out

All advice gratefully received. Thanks

#29 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

DS didn't have a fact to face assessment so I can't help.

What I did was write on the application that I would bring DS to the meeting, do all the organisation, and act as his advocate in the meeting. However I couldn't guarantee DS would co-operate, a face-to-face meeting would cause him huge amounts of unnecessary stress and I hoped they had enough information in all the paperwork supplied to make a decision. We got a decision based solely on the paperwork.

So if you have concerns about your son coping with the face-to-face, then put that in the application with reasons why.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)