1 reply to this topic

#1 mad cat lady

mad cat lady

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

I have just received a phone call from DWP regarding the months that J was in hospital , the person I spoke to wanted to confirm the dates as apparently there has been a Supreme Court ruling that means when somebody between the ages of 16 - 18 is in hospital they were entitled to receive their DLA/PIP so they are calculating how much they owe J.
I was surprised by this as it seemed quite reasonable that if he does not receive it while in a residential educational setting that the rules would be the same if he was in hospital.

I thought I would mention it as whilst the DWP seem to be on the ball as they contacted me there may be the odd person that this ruling affects that falls between the cracks.

#2 caci

caci

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

There was a court ruling recently about children being able to get DLA whilst in hospital for over 28 days. Sounds like someone has challenged the decision and managed to get the ruling extended to include 16-18 year olds too.

Good news that they have been pro-active in contacting you about it, instead of you having to chase them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users