Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Hi 

I wondered if anyone could advise on the following:

ds1 is LAC of a Scottish LA, but is currently looking at a college in England for when he turns 16. His SW seems to support this. He has a Coordinated support plan laying out what the Educational institution, and social work and NHS are expected to provide (legally binding). Does anyone know if this would need to be transferred to the English equivalent, or would it be valid because the implementing authority is Scottish?

Thanks

#2 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

In my experience there has been some confusion over who has responsibility for the English Education Health and and Care plan (EHCP) from county to county, let alone what the situation is from country to country.  My son's college told me that they have been told that the county that the college is in is responsible, but I believe that it is the home county as this is the situation with friends who have young people in residential college.(My son is not in residential college).   The plan you have is binding on your county and an EHCP would not be so I would think that you would keep your plan and you county  would have to ensure that the placement deliver it, be the placement in Scotland or another country.  

I'll PM you with a bit more info.

#3 bluewater

bluewater

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Hi IP

Thanks for your help. We have a meeting next week, and I need to be up to speed on who should be doing what. So often the responsibility gets passed around, it seems.

#4 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

You're welcome.  

We are in the midst of transition to adult services; I knew what should happen in education, but social services is a whole new ball game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users