Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

How to put a photo or picture on a posting - by Twinkle

A

1. Find your photo/picture you want to use. I use Google a lot and search under images. When I have found one, I click on it to open it up as far as it will go (sometimes these pictures have to be clicked on twice to get them right open) and then I RIGHT click on it and then click on Properties. Under Properties, you will see the Address (URL). Highlight that address (http://www.waynet.org/topical/nursery_rhymes/images/twinklestar.gif) and copy it – Ctrl C. The trick is to make sure that the last part of the address is .gif. This is for images. If it is for your own photos, they should be .jpeg. (it will all make sense eventually don’t worry!!).

2. Next, go into ASDf and click on the thread you want to reply to or start. To insert that picture – Click on INSERT IMAGE. Up will come a box starting with HTTP. Go to that box and insert the address you copied by doing Ctrl V. Hey presto, look under posting preview and you should see your picture there!

How to put your OWN photos on a posting

B

1. One of the ways to share your photos is to have them on a photo-hosting site. If you want people to go directly to the site to view, you have to make the album they are coming from a SHARED one. Then you can post the link for people to view that photo. Click on Insert Link. Put in the address of where the photo is displayed by copying the address from the website (Ctrl C to copy) and then entering it by Ctrl V. Then will come up a box allowing you to name what your photo is. If you do not “share” the album, when people go to view, they get a message “you are not logged in” and cannot view the photo.

2. If you already have your photo on a photo web site on the Internet, it will allow you to post your photo as A above! That way your photo goes directly onto your posting.

Happy photo times!!!!

• SexRelasisa, DarleneOutland and SalvadorSigars like this

#2 Twinkle

Twinkle

LEA Slayer

• The Moderators
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

How to do quotes

1. Click "+ QUOTE" at the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote. This box will then turn red.

2. If you want to quote more than one post in your reply, do the same on all the ones you want.

3. Click on "ADD REPLY" at the very bottom of the screen. You will then be taken into the section where you type your own reply for posting.

4. WHATEVER YOU DO – when editing out the bits of the quote you do not want, (and sometimes you do NOT want the whole lot in there) leave in the bit at the beginning which starts: square bracket quote name =

God i wish i could work out how to do quotes.

and the bit at the end which is square bracket, slash quote, square bracket (can't show them as otherwise it tells me I am missing things and won't let me post - hence having to type "square bracket" etc. Without those, it will not appear correctly as a quote, it will just be a bit of a mis-mash and hard for others to follow.

You can do this to every quote you clicked on, if more than one, as long as you remember the golden rule to leave in the square bracket quotes and the finishing square bracket slash quotes at the end.

When you THINK you have finished, go to the bottom of the page and click on "PREVIEW POST" it is right next door to the "ADD REPLY" button. There you can check it out and make sure it looks okay and if so, scroll down again and click on "ADD REPLY".

Hope that helps!

Please let me know if this does not work and I will edit this post accordingly. :)

#3 Joppie

Joppie

Settled in nicely (I'm getting the hang of this...)

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

[is there anyway i can change the name i have logged in as?

#4 windy ginny

windy ginny

Miss Marple

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

[is there anyway i can change the name i have logged in as?

yes! You can

You send a PM (personal message) to Miss Mac. I think!

#5 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

Yes, I can do that. PM me and let me know what you'd like to be known as and we can switch it. Busyknickers, Grumpy Old Man and Bart can change names as well.

#6 Evesmum

Evesmum

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

Wow Guys!!!
Wish I was as good as you lot on a computer :blush:
I am rubbish. I see all that info and i just :explode
I can just about post and use this site but anything other than that and I have to give up :wall
Whenever I try these things, they never seem to work for me. It's not me it's the computer, of course!!lol
Jo

#7 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

How to put a photo or picture on a posting - by Twinkle

A

1. Find your photo/picture you want to use. I use Google a lot and search under images. When I have found one, I click on it to open it up as far as it will go (sometimes these pictures have to be clicked on twice to get them right open) and then I RIGHT click on it and then click on Properties. Under Properties, you will see the Address (URL). Highlight that address (http://www.waynet.org/topical/nursery_rhymes/images/twinklestar.gif) and copy it – Ctrl C. The trick is to make sure that the last part of the address is .gif. This is for images. If it is for your own photos, they should be .jpeg. (it will all make sense eventually don’t worry!!).

2. Next, go into ASDf and click on the thread you want to reply to or start. To insert that picture – Click on INSERT IMAGE. Up will come a box starting with HTTP. Go to that box and insert the address you copied by doing Ctrl V. Hey presto, look under posting preview and you should see your picture there!

How to put your OWN photos on a posting

B

1. One of the ways to share your photos is to have them on a photo-hosting site. If you want people to go directly to the site to view, you have to make the album they are coming from a SHARED one. Then you can post the link for people to view that photo. Click on Insert Link. Put in the address of where the photo is displayed by copying the address from the website (Ctrl C to copy) and then entering it by Ctrl V. Then will come up a box allowing you to name what your photo is. If you do not “share” the album, when people go to view, they get a message “you are not logged in” and cannot view the photo.

2. If you already have your photo on a photo web site on the Internet, it will allow you to post your photo as A above! That way your photo goes directly onto your posting.

Happy photo times!!!!

#8 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hi am having no joy getting on 2 live chat any ideas? xxx

#9 Hairpin

Hairpin

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

I've never been able to either. Keeps telling me I need to download something. So I do and it still doesn't work. Grrrr!

#10 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

I've never been able to either. Keeps telling me I need to download something. So I do and it still doesn't work. Grrrr!

Hi it sooo frustrating wanna get chatting on live chat will have 2 ask someone who knows computers i have only just got the internet am a bit of a dinosaur it same 4 me comes up install now i press install and get nowhere :angry: :angry: :angry: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#11 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Sorry - I didn't spot this earlier.

If you're having trouble, then chances are you need to install java on your computer, as the chatroom runs on java. Some computers have it pre-installed, some don't.

http://www.java.com/...nload/index.jsp

That should do the trick, but if not, give us a yell and I'll see what other solutions I can come up with. Don't worry, we will get you in there! :)

#12 Hairpin

Hairpin

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

I've downloaded Java about three times, and still no joy.

Any further suggestions?

#13 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:12 AM

I am probably providing useless info, but when the chat room loads up I find I have to either press space bar or click in the box (which shows java logo when its running up) for the chat room to work. Of course if your not getting the box up in the first place then this is useless info.

#14 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

I've downloaded Java about three times, and still no joy.

Any further suggestions?

Is the chatroom box appearing? Which browser are you using?

#15 Claire H

Claire H

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

Thanx Miss Mac am now able 2 go on live chat ur a star!!!! hope 2 chat soon :excellent

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users