• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

Hi there just after some advice.

As some of you know LE goes to a fab private independent school with is funded along with transport by LEA.

There is only one other boy in the taxi with my son who happens to live just round the corner from us.

Both my son and the other boy want to do the same After School Club which would mean a pick up time of one hour later at the end of the day.

I've spoken to the taxi firm and they told me they need written confirmation from County (Transport section I'd imagine) that they are happy with this.

In your experience/knowledge how difficult do you think this will be and any advice before I contact them on what to say etc if they start getting difficult would be helpful.

Would be wonderful to think that there will no problem at all but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Many thanks.

#2 apricot

apricot

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Walking our labrador, Ben.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

DS has a 4 pm pickup, although school finishes at 3pm. I got this written into his EHCP, the extra hour was for homework/social activity. Any changes like a late pick up for a school trip I talk to transport and they check with the special needs officer, it is usually straightforward to arrange.
I expect both you and the other parent will need to contact the LEA to confirm you both agree to a change to pickup time on club day. You would need a plan for what happens if either boy drops out of the club. LEA won't agree to pick up one at 3 and 1 at 4.

• queen claudia likes this

#3 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Thanks apricot and good idea about including it in the plan. Something to think about in the future.

At a push dh can always pick ds and the other boy up on the way home from school if need be.

#4 CarerQuie

CarerQuie

Pillar of the Community

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts
  • Interests:Married with 6 children.Parenting issues,education,ASD.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

I always had to make my own arrangements if R stayed to any after-school clubs.xx

• queen claudia likes this

#5 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

Oh well its all fallen through now as have new taxi firm starting from Monday and there will be a new child in the taxi.

Dh said he would pick LE up for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users