Jump to content


Need Help With Student Loan Support Submission

Student loan personal independence paymen

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lionheart


    A name borrowed in tribute, - RIP DW.

  • ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bucks/Northants border -never actually sure where I am
  • Interests:Polymer and Silver Clays
    Anything Arty Crafty
    Beauty and the Beast TV Series (still ..nearly 25 years after being axed from TV...wow escapism must be my speciality)

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:39 PM

Does anyone know if PIP should be declared as students income for Student Finance. in some places it states only taxable income should be declared, in others it states all income including benefits. I know that Carers is taxable so that is definitely counted as income; but I can't find any absolute clarification on this. There's a guardian article where they say only taxable income should be declared, but I'm not sure how trustworthy it is. What have others done?


#2 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

    A National Treasure

  • Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

Good question. I don't think it falls under income, because it's not. It's there to provide help for independence when there's a disability.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users