2 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

As you know we've been steadily moving part of the site to another server. This is pretty much done now, but we need to alter the URL of the message board. Currently it's www.asdfriendly.org/board but it will become something like www.board.asdfriendly.org

It'll be happening fairly soon. If you find the boards have vanished from where your normal bookmark sends you, then please just go through www.asdfriendly.org - you'll find the new links to it there ok and you can amend your bookmarks.

I think we're pretty nearly there, and will post again when we're about to make the switch.
  • CarerQuie and Snickas like this

#2 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I thought that if I deleted my bookmark then the whole website would be deleted too...

#3 Bart

Bart

Not to be Trusted...

• Admin
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Okay, just bumping this back up, becuse with any luck the switch will be getting thrown sometime soon, and as things change over, there maybe some glitches for a couple of days. (and because of the way the internet handles these changes, different people maybe affected at different times, or even not at all!)

The changes are being made, because we can not longer keep the non-board parts of the site on the boards' server (storage area). The main URL http://www.asdfriendly.org needs to always point to the front end of the site, so, as that is the part that is moving, it will need to be redirected to point to the new home.

This means that because the borads will no longer live in a folder on the same bit of storage, they can no longer be at www.asdfriendly.org/board/, but will be found at: http://boards.asdfriendly.org. It's while these two changeovers are happening, that access may be glitchy.

You should still always be able to get to the boards, but you may need to 'cheet' a little to get here. ;)

Keep a note of the following URLs and if one doesn't work, then one of the others should.Fingers-crossed :pip: everything should go fairly smoothly, but if there are any temporary issues, you should still be able to find us!
  • Helenllama and Lionheart like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users