• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I am unanimously and arbitrarily declaring 2013 to be the Unofficial Year of the Carer.

Because we bloody well deserve it.

Because we lose sleep.
Because our homes and personal possessions have been trashed.
Because our social lives have been starved to death.
Because those few of us lucky enough to remain in employment have bosses who don't care.
Because we witness, every day, active discrimination against the people we care for.

Because we are worth £119BILLION a year.

2013 is a year in which our needs are on the agenda.

Please - pass this on, and use this thread to tell us what you are doing for yourself!

A few of you have already seen the dolls house Miss Mac & I are building, and know about the ballroom dancing lessons. You may also have seen her MA results. (A distinction, if you haven't.)

This year we are going to spend even more time doing those fun things. MM has a few ideas for stuff she wants to do; and I've built a workshop and have started making furniture.

Life is starting again for us. And if anyone doesn't like that, I'll be happy to how them how sharp my chisels and planes are. :D
  • Eggman, Kadenza, goinginsane and 9 others like this

#2 PAC

PAC

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

We need to find another carer, one that that don't just sit on their ass waiting to be told!

I don't know what I want to do, which is very sad, there must be something??

I have taken a leaf out of Miss Mac book and started to write one myself, so maybe a creative writing course as I not wrote anything since leaving school. It finding the time and inclination to get it going, wrote about 8 pages so far, so some tips would be handy. :D

I have been Ice skating, but that is more after training and still got a child with me.

PAC

#3 Upsy Daisy

Upsy Daisy

Tamora

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Great idea JR!

What am I doing for myself? I have just sat for five minutes trying to answer that.

Apart from allowing myself to stop childminding after being given notice for being unreliable before half term I don't know.

I should be contacting the uni to find out about finishing off my Foundation Degree but I don't think I will get round to that until we've got Pony Girl into a different school and can stop fighting so hard.

I may treat us to an iPad for Christmas if I can get the money together.

#4 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well done on your Distinction MM and glad to hear you are both having some well earned 'me' time and having fun that's great :jump: .

Jogging has been my big thing this year.

It makes me feel like I have taken some control back and doing something just for me for once without feeling guilty!

I can use the keeping fit and healthier if I feel any pangs of guilt coming on!

#5 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,856 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Erm where to start,

My goal was to and have managed to pull the kids out the hell that was Henry (you know what I mean).

Helped Jade by looking after Esmé so she could finish college which she did and passed with a triple distinction, and going to uni next year.

Get my new granddaughter that is due on Sunday here safe and sound.

And just for me have lost 6 1/2 stone since June.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users