Photo

Chat Room Revamp

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

POPULAR

For those of you who do not know and for those of you who have forgotten, we have a chat room. A live as we type conversation room where we can all meet up, chat and have a laugh as well as support each other through hard times and celebrate the good.

For those of you who have never visited, it can feel strange to begin with, typin can be fast but 99% of people get use to it very quickly, no need to be shy just pop along.

After some technical issues a while back people stopped using the chat room which is such a shame. A few of us were talking (in the chat room) last night saying how back they might not have got through things without it.

We all go through times where we need something and times where we forget about something because we don't need or want it. Sometimes maybe we even feel we cannot cope with it.

So this is just a reminder that the chat room is there. It is easy to access by clicking the more tab at the top of this page then choosing chat.

There are various apps for the iPad and iPhone which also take you to the forum and chat room.

For anyone who does struggle to gain access use the link below.

http://board.asdfrie....php?app=ipchat

As with all things technological it can have its moments!

I have attached a flyer which can be viewed, downloaded and saved giving an outline to what goes on in the chat room. This is by no means law. The room is there for everyone to use. Have a chat, a moan, a cry, a laugh. Share things. It is nice to have a balance between ASD related conversations and general chit chat so we try to stick to the topics as much as possible.

Seeing as how people still value the chat room although often forget it is there I am going to try and seek some people to have Q&A sessions with, people from education, health, benefits and Autism experts. Of course this is going to be a challenge but I will give it a go.

Oh and lastly - this is YOUR chat room so if anyone has any ideas or requests please PM me, I would love for people to give ideas and topics we could all join in with. Lets start with one from PQ which will be on Thursday the 30th at 10pm a half term madness meeting. How is your half term going? Are the kids (ASD or NT) driving you mad? Have you done something mad and wacky like redecorate the house in bright pink? Come along and have some fun. 

Hope to see you in the chat room some time soon.

Attached File  Chatroom PDF.pdf   855.05KB   195 downloads

Edited by Mozzy, 27 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

• Snickas, GrillFout, jaquelineba and 83 others like this

#2 Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobby Loves Socks

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Interests:Cupboards & wardrobes, pairing up socks and ironing.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thank you Mozzy - I'll be dropping by :yahoo:

#3 frantic-mum

frantic-mum

extremely frantic now

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:reading, looking for info on ASD, swimming with ds,

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just tried getting into chat, after not being able to get in for a while and getting frustrated that everything kept dissapearing it now seems OK, so will see you there soon.

#4 Makkacat

Makkacat

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I tried a Friday night chat but couldn't work it. I'll certainly try again.

:-)

#5 goinginsane

goinginsane

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

I tried to get in last night on my tablet but it wouldn't let me, I tried the link that somebody kindly pm,d me but it didn't work either. I was going to try my laptop but my 'W' doesn't work so thought that would get too confusing. Will keep trying.

#6 caci

caci

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

GIS, if you can get into chat on the laptop, don't worry about the missing W. I  am sure people can guess what you mean

(on another froum, one member uses 2 x V as a W, so VV )

#7 Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobby Loves Socks

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Interests:Cupboards & wardrobes, pairing up socks and ironing.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sorry didn't make it when asked - emergency trip to A&E with my gallbladder lol

Will try soon!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users