3 replies to this topic

#1 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

Why do wisdom teeth play up at night or come about 7-8pm ish??

OMG for 2 days now I've been in agony of an evening, last night I finally got to sleep at gone 4am. :( :angry: And that included getting up twice for pain killers and crying myself to sleep, thinking it was never gonna stop hurting. :( :blush:

How I'm going to sleep tonight and be awake enough for the school run tomorrow, let alone dress the kids and myself first, is unbelieveable pain!!

My whole jaw aches on my left side because my bottom wisdom tooth is trying to errupt. It's aching and agony from my tonsils to my front teeth and up to my eye and my gums all swollen and sore, and my teeth on that side hurt whats that about!?

I've never had pain like this before, not even when my other 3 were coming through and not even when 2 of them were taken out, this is unbearable!!! :( I was sat in bed last night thinking about driving myself to A&E 14 miles away, what I thought they would do is beyond me, but the pain was awful, I just didn't know what to do with myself. I'd go as far as saying it is worse than child birth, it just doesn't actually let up at all, it's a constant throb of agony :blink:

The chemists given me anbesol, which doesn't do much for long tbh and I'm sure I've probably put too much on already today. I've been told to take either paracetamol or ibruprofen, but haven't got any in anymore, so I'm taking cocodamol at the mo, but it's nothing is touching it.

My dentist won't do anything as there is a policy in place that says you have to complain about wisdom teeth twice before it can be acted on and removed (haven't clue why, ohhh and he'll charge you about 190 to take it out!!), and of course this is the first time I've called in about it, not only that it isn't out of the gum yet, so what could he do in a small practice? :(

Anyone have any pain killing tips or remedies and wives tales that might work, please, before you have me begging :unsure: :)

#2 Tatty

Tatty

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,937 posts
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Oh poor you, that sounds awful, has the dentist looked, is there room for them to come through? My eldest had one come through with a cavity and he was in agony. Can you open and close your mouth? My sister got an infection in her jaw when she had hers removed and couldnt open her mouth at all.
Do remember you can combine paracetamol and ibroprofen if just one isnt working or take one a couple of hours after the other, and I know what you mean, toothache alwys gets worse at night.
I hope it is better soon, it really is the worse thing.

Tatty x

#3 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

Avoide hot and cold.
Don't cew on that side of your mouth
Stick to mushy foods
Rince with mild salt water or an antiseptic mouth wash every time you eat (mix a bit of warm water with it so its not cold).
Do not lay down. Keep upright, sleep with a pile of pillows as laying down increases the pressure under the tooth.

As for the dentist. Suddenly develop a fear of them and a family history of bad wisdom teeth, go see him and ask for a referral to the hospital for it to be removed (they cannot say no to referring you, its your right). This makes it free, you can choose to be knocked out or sadated and the hospital decide how urgent it is, not you.

Get some anti biotics, go to GP, say you cant get appointment with dentist (or they can refuse to see you). Take them for a day or two to make sure no infection is present.

I hate wisdon teeth. I have had 3 out and have one cutting through the gum. Right royal pains they are.

#4 PAULYSMUM

PAULYSMUM

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:53 AM

Big ((((hugs)))) there is nothing worse than the pain of wisdom teeth hoper you get it sorted xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users