Photo

Ipad Hedgie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

I know a lot of you recently have got iPads for your children as either entertainment devises or as living and communication aids.

I don't know about you but for me one of the huge problems has been casing and mounting the things!

Silicone or gel cases are super but do not protect the screen. The leather style flip cases are good and provide a stand but are not stable for heavy fingers and have other faults.

And as for mounting the iPad what a nightmare! Drilling holes in the walls, clipping something round your iPad that has the potential to damage it. Being limited to where you can mount it is so annoying.

Well by chance I managed to find a very unique and fun mount that can be used anywhere and I mean anywhere! And the best bit is your not going to have to take out a loan to buy it! Actually you will get change from a £10 note!

I would like to introduce you to Hedgie a new and unique product that in my view is an inexpensive answer to a annoying problem.

It is safe, secure and doesnt damage the iPad in any way.

Have a look at the Hedgie site (you can order direct off the website or they sell via ebay)

http://www.hedgie.net/

See how universal it is? See how inexpensive it is? Now see it in action;

On a bedroom wall for watching a film or listening to music. Maybe a morning routine.
Posted Image Posted Image

In the kitchen for cooking instructions, medication reminders.

By the front door with check lists

In the bathroom with clothing reminders

Any room, any place, any time.
Posted Image
White fixing

Posted Image
Black fixing

Posted Image
Back of iPad

No more worries about knocking it off the side. No more forgetting where you put it.

Hedgie are also currently working on ideas for things like use in the back of a car!

Who would have thought that this simple and inexpensive idea would create a world of oppertunities for the iPad to be used.

And to top it all off look at the design, its cute, funny, fresh, fun but also not over powering, tacky it looks (when in use and out of use) good and something to be proud of.

So why not order a set? Give it a go, really you have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.

And don't forget it doesnt just have to be used on walls. Wheelchair trays, desks to stop them slipping or getting kncoked.

And yes I have gone on about it as an Autism living aid or entertainment devise (as this is an Autism forum) but for all you mums and dads with them. Safe storage at work, digital photo frame on the wall. Use your imagination, I did :)

#2 happyeverafter

happyeverafter

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

thank you I will be investing it sound ideal.

#3 kristina11

kristina11

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

What a fabulous idea, thanks for the link Munch.

Will definitely be ordering one of these.

#4 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

In each pack you get 1 black iPad fixing and 2 wall fixings (1 black and 1 white)

They have a Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/alex.jordan82?sk=wall&notif_t=wall#!/pages/Hedgie-The-most-practical-tablet-PC-holder/195065697202327

And the guys are often on there and will answer any questions

#5 Doryfish

Doryfish

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Have you ever thought about making a living from writing advertising campaigns Muchkin?

It looks amazing! We don't have an ipad... but if we did I'd definitely be buying one and I shall recommend to anyone I know who has one. :)

#6 Clare

Clare

Jetsetting since 1492

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

They look great!

You should get comission!

I know a few people who have them and we are getting one for our holidays :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users