• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Big Foot has had a support worker for over a year now and last week she has asked me to fill in a form she gave big foot.  I deal with his benefits and give him a allowance each week to buy his food etc.

The form is purely asking about what benefits he has and how much and what monies he has to pay out. She phoned today asking when will I be sending it with big foot and told her I feel it is none of her business. Her bosses have told her all her clients have to have them filled  in by next week or they will come out with her to speak to parent/career and see why information isn't given.

She says she understands why I am not filling in the form and I have reminded her that if she wants to help big foot deal with day to day monies then she can focus on his allowance he has each week.

I am starting to question why they want this information, big foot has been with the company for nearly 2 years now and they have never asked for it then so why now????

• jaquelineba, Glussyhessy, vuhbbufj and 2 others like this

#2 caci

caci

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

It doesn't sound right to me ( but I have no experience of adult support services at all) 

#3 maximus prime

maximus prime

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Could they be expecting him to contribute to the service from his benefits? I think Mozzy has posted before that she has to.

No ideas other than that I'm afraid unless they are looking to him having more independence. Jack is being encouraged to be more responsible for his own money now which is great because he has more understanding of the cost of things now and more realistic expectations too.

#4 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Big foot has very limited awareness of how much things cost  and needs lots of support even with going to the corner shop  (he has been taken advantage off many at times :(  ).

She (support worker) knows he has a allowance and knows he has to contribute to housing benefit and house keep, Just don't see why every single intricate detail of incomings and outgoings need to be known.  He is no were near ready to live independently, even doing a basic chore (putting the rubbish out or doing dishwasher can result in full mouth rant and tantrum!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users