Photo

Research Study For Working Parents Of Children With Autism: Participation Requested

No replies to this topic

#1 alyssapettey

alyssapettey

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hello,

My name is Alyssa Pettey and I am graduate student in the Industrial-Organizational Psychology program at California State University, San Bernardino. I am currently working on my master’s thesis with my advisor, Dr. Mark Agars. We are examining work-family conflict and parenting stress for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). To date, there is little known about how parents of children with ASD manage to meet their work and family demands, as well as potential challenges these parents may face when doing so. We have developed a brief survey (approximately 8-12 minutes) that includes measures of work-family conflict, parenting stress, and other measures of work and family characteristics. The survey is voluntary and anonymous and you can withdraw at any time. In order to participate in this study you must:

·      Working at least part-time

·      Caring for a child with ASD

Link to survey:

http://csusbpsych.co...d4f4iN6V7uyXhxX

The purpose of this study is to identify personal and organizational characteristics that can help alleviate the experiences of work-family conflict and parenting stress for parents raising children with ASD. We hope that the results of this study will inform organizations and employees on ways to more effectively manage work and family demands given the unique parenting roles associated with raising a child with ASD. Upon completion, we will be happy to post a link to the results of this study here. You will find the Institutional Review Board (IRB) stamp of approval on the first page of this survey.

Your participation in this study is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about this study. 

Sincerely,

Alyssa Pettey

apettey@csusb.edu

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users