Photo

Parents: How Do Healthcare Professionals Communicate With Your Child?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Anna W

Anna W

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hi everyone – my name is Anna Westaway and I am studying for a MA in Autism Spectrum at Sheffield Hallam University.

I am writing a dissertation study on parents’ experiences of how healthcare professionals communicate with children with autism. I’m interested in what healthcare appointments are like for your child (easy/stressful/frightening) and whether the professionals’ communication and interaction affects how your child feels. The study has been approved by Sheffield Hallam University’s ethics committee.

I would like to invite families to take part who live in the UK and have one or more child with a diagnosis of autism, aged up to 16. If you would be willing to complete a questionnaire about your experiences – good or bad – I would love to hear from you. I estimate that the questionnaire should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.

You can contact me on anna.westaway@student.shu.ac.uk if you would like to know more or take part – please feel free to ask me any questions and I would be delighted to hear from you.

#2 Anna W

Anna W

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:41 PM

Thanks so much to all who have been in touch so far - your information is really helpful.  The questionnaire is now available as a Google online survey here:

https://docs.google....m?usp=send_form

I hope very much to hear from you!

Anna

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users