Photo

Dont Feel Christmassy, Am I The Only One?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

Christmas is only 2 days away and disapointingly i cant in the christmas spirit.

I love Christmas its my favourite time of the year but this year i cant seem to get the same level of excitment going  :mellow:

I dont know if its because i am exhausted, just finished work today and am feeling the effects off some kind of bug lurcking, I'm doing everything to fend it off, fresh orange, blueberries, extra iron.

Toworrow is the start for me. We plan the day, starts usually with a lovely breakfast, then trip to the cinema, home to make cookies for Santa, secret christmas eve box comes out with xmas crafts, jammies, sweets, Christmas story and dvds.  

They enjoy there film with Dad while i head over to the Salvation Army centre across the road for their Candlelight service with my mum ( too much stress taking the kids, L doesnt like it).  when i return the kids track Santa, hang their stockings, put out their magic reindeer dust and leave their cookies out.  Story then bed, the bed bit may take a while lol...

Actually that sounds lovely i really hope i get the christmas feeling back tomorrow, surely with all that going on Im  bound to huh?  :up

Actually i have just decided to open a bottle of wine before we finish the rest of the wrapping, that should help aswell eh !! :)

#2 miami girl

miami girl

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

Everyone seems to be struggling to get into the xmas spirit, I think.

The weather being so incrediably mild not helping either.

Today I am donig the last little bits and delivering the rest of the pressies that need it.

Will watch an xmas film this afternoon maybe that will help lol.

Kids will have an xmas eve hamper and go bed after tracking santa.

Then I will chill for a bit and have an earlish night hopefully.

#3 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

Good idea with the wine lol.

I think it's best to keep it low key anyway otherwise Christmas can turn into quite a stressful couple of days.

I love Christmas but don't overthink it these days and have learned to relax a bit more about the whole thing.

My dh said I used to turn into some crazy woman every Christmas Eve lol.

I think you should concentrate on relaxing, I've come down with a flaming cold as well typical!

#4 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:44 PM

I have been floored with a awful cold over Christmas, dragged myself through it actually lol.

L has had a stress free couple of days as I have managed to keep ahead of the signs for once.

I fi is he'd the festivities at Christmas no 2 at my mums as usual, he even decided to stay over at my mums after a debate about will he or won't he

Happy Christmas everyone !!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users