• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

CHRISTMAS!!! 

What are you getting the kids this year?

LE is after a new mobile phone which I've just ordered today plus he wants extra storage for his PS4 and I'm buying him a new chair for his bedroom.

I've been on a diet since the end of August so I'm just looking forward to the food and drink lol!

#2 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

It's nearly December, and all I've done so far is agree the Christmas Day menu with DD.  Time for DH to have a break from cooking.

DD has found her own present, (and I have approved it), DS 2 has sent a list and DS1 is impossible. I think I am going to delegate to DD, she's brilliant at finding out what her brothers want and she will be home for over a week before Christmas which then gives me time to shop.

• queen claudia likes this

#3 bluewater

bluewater

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Ds1 has asked for well over budget, ds2 for nothing, and dd an eclectic mix of odds and ends.... Absolutely predictable!

#4 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

Littlun is after some really bizzare things for him this year including racing flags lol, we got him most of his list of cuddly elephant drawing and writing books etc, we also got him a tablet when it gets here, and emoji bits.

Elder C wants lego, Dr Who dvds clothes the usual x

#5 caci

caci

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:27 AM

We have had a request for 2 books. 

One of the books was last printed in 1975, and the other isn't released until 28th December in the UK - nothing like a challenge here then !

#6 queen claudia

queen claudia

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Totally loony mum to a very wonderful 12 year old with aspergers who is much more sane than me!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Ha ha nothing like a challenge know how that feels we usually have it every year and this year is no different Caci!

LE wants a new mobile phone but he has to have the Maple Gold colour! As soon as he said that I knew he had chosen the most 'rare' or difficult one to get hold of!

Ended up searching for days on end and then eventually telephoned Samsung who told me that the Maple Gold colour was not yet available in Europe! Phew sigh of relief as I now had a solid reason why he couldn't have that colour lol.

I was only thinking today how much I have actually changed Christmas to fit in with LE. It's been like that for so long now I haven't even thought about it for years.

We keep things calm so as not to over excite him. Tree for instance goes up later than most people's trees and this time of year in particular he needs his 'quiet time' even more as he has always called it.

This was very difficult for me as I came from a family who loved Christmas and everything was OTT! We spent huge amounts of time together as a family.

I've really had to change drastically and it hit me today for some reason how the lead up to Christmas and Christmas itself is so different from what I experienced as a child.

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx

#7 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hi guys, for us its the usual, Lego

L is quite difficult to randomly buy for, you can’t go to a toy shop and purchase any amount of boy toys as He wouldn’t play with them. However Lego and minecraft are acceptable.... yippee.

Why is it I forget every year that the excitement etc unnerves him. Every year I wonder why he becomes more reclusive and his sleep pattern changes. Honestly you’d think I’d learn. But no each holiday it comes as a complete surprise....

We love Christmas especially with my Dd who’s 6 so I try to keep up the excitement for her but in a different way. This year I put together an advent Calandar with different activities to do each day, sometimes the elf brings a wrapped gift to help eg a Christmas story book or colouring in book etc Or it’s an activity like make paper chains, bake cookies. L is not interested so it gives her something to look forward to.

At the moment I’m trying to plan a Christmas Eve that will suit both.

Think I’m going to opt for decorating a gingerbread house in the morning while I do my prep then all go for long walk through the woods. Then back home for takeaway. The elf’s will have delivered the pyjamas etc by then. Me and Dd go to the church to sing carols while L and dad watch a movie. Bath with new pyjamas on, then Santa stuff ie sprinkle reindeer dust and leave treats out before tracking Santa.

I’ve managed to get Christmas at mine this year again, logan prefers it, although couldn’t get it quite just us as I really wanted as sister in law is with us as she’s on her own but mums coming too so I won’t go Insane (SIL can be controlling and hard work) she is defo on spectrum somehow I think. That way L can chill eat what he wants and sit and build all day, normally in his Christmas pyjamas.

I’m really looking forward to Christmas this year, it’s been another tough year health wise for me, I just need a relaxed enjoyable Christmas with the family.

How is everyone else spending the day, do you find christmas is adapted like queen Claudia and myself.?

#8 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Christmas for us starts on Christmas eve with the candle lit service at our local church.  Friends also visit in the run up to Crhistmas, but only those who know the boys well send any length of time here.  Our newish neighbours joined us walking to church last year, and will be spending some time with us too ( brilliant with both boys).

Christmas food is planned around what each person likes, no roast dinner, just a mix of homemade food with plenty of choice so that everyone has what they like.

And just to add to the mix I am looking after our friend's Belgian shepherd pup for a week from the day before Christmas Eve; that gives me plenty of excuses to disappear for a walk!

DD is a great help and has arrived home from uni tonight.  We will be partners in shopping and preparing food, I'm starting to look forward to the holiday now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users