• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Has in previous posts bumblebee has lost the concept of going to sleep. After requesting a emergency appointment with his paed late last year and showing her a sleep diary I recorded he has been put on melatonin!

I am at the moment doing his DLA Renewal, question is do I put in there how things can be without the melatonin or how he is with it and do I mention he is on melatonin if I describe him when he hasn't taken it (which has happened a few times !!)

• GrillFout, Sherlorie, Jiraffe and 3 others like this

#2 Spiral

Spiral

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

I filled out a DLA form recently and gave examples of a typical night with medication and then an example of a night without medication. Using the case of with medication as a good night (although highlight the worst of those good nights) and a night without medication as a very bad night.

#3 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Put the truth without medication. You can't predict when hes going to take it or not.

#4 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Be honest say the Melatonin works well for him but he can refuse to take it which 1) means he doesnt sleep and 2) means his personal care in the evenings takes longer and goes into the night.

• lala39 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users