Photo

Research On The Online Experiences Of Adolescents With High-Functioning Autism

research internet computers technology teenagers youth adolescents online social skills friendships

No replies to this topic

#1 ASDResearch

ASDResearch

Just arrived (be nice to me!)

• ASDf Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

If you have a child or know someone who is 12-18 years of age, with a formal diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome or High-Functioning Autism, and enjoys using the internet (at least 3 times per week), please continue reading! I would love to hear from them for my research study!

For my dissertation I am completing a study on the online experiences of adolescents on the autism spectrum. I am interested in learning about the types of activities these adolescents engage in while on the computer and the Internet, their likes/dislikes about going online, and how their online experiences impact their everyday lives with others online and offline.

Participation in this study involves a one-time, 1-hour interview conducted over Skype on this topic (the interview may be divided into multiple sessions if 1-hour is too long for the participant). All identifying information will be removed from the data collected for this study. Pseudonyms will be assigned, and participants' real  names will not be shared with anyone without permission. A $50 gift card will be provided as a token of appreciation for the participant's time. 

If you or someone you know meets the criteria for this study and would like to participate, please express your interest by contacting me at ASDonlineresearch@gmail.com by July 27, 2014. 

Edited by ASDResearch, 13 July 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: research, internet, computers, technology, teenagers, youth, adolescents, online, social skills, friendships

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users