Glen's Move To Local Care Home Next Wednesday

74 replies to this topic

#1 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

POPULAR

Hi guys, not long now until Glen moves much nearer home, so looking forward to seeing him more often. I really hope this is a permanent move and that he doesn't have to be moved again.

My husband and I are going to Birmingham on Sunday to see Glen and to bring his bike back. We thought it would be nice to see him one more time before he moves as we won't be able to see him for about 4 or 5 weeks in his new home as he needs time to settle in. I will let you know how our visit goes. :-) He is still very happy and relaxed so long may that continue when he moves.

• Huwbert, Maryboo, xingdon6w2 and 159 others like this

#2 Maryboo

Maryboo

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I hope you have a good visit.

#3 Coral

Coral

little dude

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hope the visit and move go well  :)

#4 Dino mum

Dino mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, drinking coffee, shopping and holding onto my sanity with all my might.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Have a good visit.

#5 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hope the visit goes well and he does well in his new care home :)

#6 gingerpig

gingerpig

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

How exciting! He loves his bike doesn't he? Will you be dropping it of at the new place so he can use it there and then, or taking it with you when you first see him? Hope he settles in well and happy you can see more of him :)

#7 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:cooking. especially baking cakes, listening to music, surfing the net, gardening.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi thanks very much for all your comments.  We are bringing the bike back here initially until Glen has settled in the new home and then we will take it with us when we visit him.

#8 Melly1

Melly1

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:reading, gardening, swimming, seeing friends, surfing net

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Glad you have managed to fit in one more visit before he moves. How fab that Glen is still so happy and relaxed. Seems the Brum hospital knew their stuff - hope they have passed on the recipe for success to the new home.

Melly1

#9 maximus prime

maximus prime

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Lovely to hear that Glen is still happy. Hope the visit and the move go well x

#10 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi yes long may it continue that Glen remains as happy as he is now.  :-)

• Dizzie1 likes this

#11 Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobby Loves Socks

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Interests:Cupboards & wardrobes, pairing up socks and ironing.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Just caught up - hope all goes well with the move and that you have lots of lovely days ahead with Glen!

#12 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks dobie, I visited the new care home with my other son and my daughter this afternoon.  The home has been redecorated recently and looks really nice.  The two staff members we saw made us very welcome.   I think Glen will be very happy there, he has a lovely spacious bedroom awaiting him, it's looks out onto the garden at the back of the house.  Looking forward to seeing Glen tomorrow.

• Dobbie Loves Socks likes this

#13 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi, went to see Glen today. He wasn't as happy as he was the last time I saw him, but he did relax and enjoyed the snacks I took. I'm feeling nervous about Wednesday, just hope all goes ok and Glen will be ok when he gets to his new home.

Very disappointed with the condition the bike was in, we only bought it 2 years ago, both brake cables need replaching, the paintwork is scratched and the chain is extremely rusty, this all happened at the previous care homes not at the hospital. :-(

#14 Tangled

Tangled

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I really have my fingers crossed for you and Glen that the move goes well. I guess some problems are par for the course for such a big move. I hope you manage not to be too disheartened if Glen has some struggles. It sounds like long term, once he has had time to settle, it will be a great place for him.

You must be so excited at thought of him being so much closer to home. Keep us posted with how it goes.

Tangled xx

#15 Jeanne

Jeanne

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for your comments tangled.  Yes I'm sure there will be a few set backs it is only natural, but if all works out Glen can live there for many years so I have everything crossed that this will be the case!  It will be fantastic to see more of Glen in due course.

• Tangled likes this

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users