Forum Finances In 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Busyknitter

Busyknitter

Surprisingly young and trendy

• Admin
  • 7,045 posts
  • Interests:I like: music (all kinds), singing (mainly hardcore choral SATB stuff), knitting, The Bible, apples, extremely long novels from the nineteenth century, Farscape. I don't like: being tired, cycling on ice, skipping meals, feeling patronised as a "special needs" mum, liver.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Hi everyone, it's time for my annual post about the finances of ASDF.

Like any website, ASDFriendly costs a certain amount of money to run. We have to pay a monthly fee to the company that hosts the website and provides the forum and chatroom software. Occasionally there may be other costs, for example website redesign or printing leaflets.

All of this money comes from you lovely, lovely people in one form or another. And here is the report about what happened in 2012.

Throughout the year, we received a whopping £838.64 in donations. A large chunk of this money came from two fundraising events organised by members. We are so grateful to them for all their efforts, but we would also like to thank everyone who is able to help in any way with the running costs of the site. We also received £111.04 in commission from Amazon.

The only expenses this year were the regular board hosting costs. Traffic through the site increased quite a bit this year so in the autumn we had to upgrade our hosting package. The total cost for the year was £264.07

At the end of December we had a very healthy balance of £900.42 in the bank.

Thanks again, all of you :)
  • Jolly Roger, Helenllama, CarerQuie and 9 others like this

#2 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

That's good to hear.  and lets not forget the hard work put in behind the scenes by those who set up and run this site.  (quite how many of you there are I don't know , but without the mods and tech people, not to mention accounts and admin it wouldn't be here and I suspect some have multiple roles)

Edited by imperfect parent, 10 February 2013 - 10:08 AM.

• Jolly Roger, goinginsane, Prosecco Queen and 3 others like this

#3 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Can you just post a reminder here, for all us forgetfuls (like me!) about how we can donate and how we shop through the money back sites or whatever they are!!!! Thanks x

#4 Miss Mac

Miss Mac

A National Treasure

• Admin
  • 8,203 posts
  • Interests:Escapism

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

If you go to the board home page: http://board.asdfrie...dex.php?act=idx and look near the top right, you'll see links to Amazon. If you click on it, it'll take you direct to the named website and you shop as normal. The only difference is that we get a % of whatever you spend. It costs you nothing :D

We do have a buyat account as well, but I can't remember where that is off hand  :rolleyes:

Donations either via the paypal link below the Amazon link, or contact BK because she does all the money. I'd like to get someone in to sort out the site gremlins, but I suspect that's not going to be cheap. Every little really does help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users