Jump to content


Ended Up With An Extra Child, Need Some Advice

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hel


    Old as the hills

  • ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hope people could advise. A friend of my daughters has effectively been kicked out of home, she is 17. We have a spare room and are quite happy for her to stay with us, so no issue there. She is able to claim income support in her own right, from which we will take a contribution towards food.


The problem we have is that she has no ID so is unable to open a bank account. Her birth certificate is not in the same name she uses, as her mother changed her name to match her mothers when her father left when she was at primary school, but it was not registered with the Deed Poll people. All her exam results and her National Insurance number are under the name she uses, not the one on her birth certificate. Does anyone know the simplist and cheapest way of sorting this out.

#2 frantic-mum


    extremely frantic now

  • ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:space, the final frontier
  • Interests:reading, looking for info on ASD, swimming with ds,

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

She may need to make a statutory declaration, which will mean an appointment with a solicitor.

I had to do this years ago, it involved getting copies of my parents marriage certificate, Decree nisi and decree absolute and then my mums later marriage certificate, I even had to produce it when I got married and my marriage certificate has an extra note on it saying formally known as B***** under the maiden name section.

I'm sure I had to take the original documents plus my full birth certificate for the solicitors to verify and copy themselves.
I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't a lot and it took less than an hour to sort out.

#3 hel


    Old as the hills

  • ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thank you, shall contact our solicitor. Waiting for a copy of the birth certificate to arrive at the moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users