Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:58 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ire/8303782.stm

#18 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ire/8303782.stm

Cheeky git.

#19 tedybearr

tedybearr

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

oh dear. :whistle :whistle :whistle .

#20 miss-understood

miss-understood

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

Terrible!!!

#21 odonnellt

odonnellt

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hello

Did you know you can access the 'bible' that the non-medical decision makers refer to for deciding DLA claims:

Go to http://www.dss.gov.u...ations/dwp/dmg/

then click on 'Vol 10' in the upper row and use the drop down!

Some very interesting reading - thought it might help someone when fill in those awful forms!! :D :P

Just tried to see that page but got "page not found" message on the website. :-(

#22 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

I think it's because that link has run out and expired, it was posted in April 2008, so no doubt has moved somewhere in the realms of cyberspace. :)

#23 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

my son is going through the assessment stage but the first doctor we seen was an assesor she told me in her opinion seth has autism i recieved the report and that says autistic traits and that she agrees he is autistic should i apply for dla with just this report

#24 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

my son is going through the assessment stage but the first doctor we seen was an assesor she told me in her opinion seth has autism i recieved the report and that says autistic traits and that she agrees he is autistic should i apply for dla with just this report

You don't need an official diagnosis to apply.
But there is a bit on the form where you put the peads name and they would ask for a report from her.

Apply. Strongly recommend you read through the Cerebra Guide to applying for DLA

#25 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

:excellent thanks so much

You don't need an official diagnosis to apply.
But there is a bit on the form where you put the peads name and they would ask for a report from her.

Apply. Strongly recommend you read through the Cerebra Guide to applying for DLA

#26 doughnuts

doughnuts

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

hi thanks for all the support on different subjects ive decided not to apply for the dla until i have some more reports n stuff it doesnt feel right asking for something that im not sure seth will get maybe when i get more reports it will be clearer ill let you all know when that will be as ill likley need plenty advice speak soon on other topics thanks again :excellent :excellent :excellent :excellent

#27 Sabrina9791

Sabrina9791

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

I applied nearly a year before Connor was diagnosed and I got the highest level of dla so I'd go for it if I were you, there only forms, you can do it :) just get a letter off the doctor simples :)

#28 louholl

louholl

Settled in nicely (I'm getting the hang of this...)

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Hi everyone,

Not too sure if this is the right place to post? But I have a DLA tribunal next week, and I'm petrified !!
I claimed for my 10 year old son early this year and who was diagnosed ASD in Jan this year, anyway it was refused due to what the teacher said in the form DLA sent her as part of the claim process ( she was a newly qualified teacher, this was her 1st post and was temporary due to maternity leave and had only taught my son for 6 weeks prior to filling in the form)

I have sent off some evidence, photo copies of my sons home/ school diary, his difficulties ( which included his over-sensitivities, eating habits, how I have to bath him etc and is about 15 pages long) I have also sent in his attendance and proved he avoids school if the usual routine has changed- thanks to the school events calender. I have also given his levels on his IEPs, these show he hasn't improved at all and my son is level 1b in reading and writing and has been since yr2 ( he's now yr6). This is to argue against the teacher who says he is slightly behind his peers and needs little support in school.. his support has been reduced from 20 hr per week with 1:1 support, to 15 hours group support :angry: this was changed in yr4.

I have sent copies of letters from the Ed Psych and the CAMHS Consultant. And also how he has no sense of danger with road awareness and how he climbs ( he has no awareness of heights and the dangers).

My question is, if anyone can help, is what do they do at the tribunals? What do they ask and have I sent in enough evidence? Thank you in advance

Edited by louholl, 29 November 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#29 phil the chef

phil the chef

Settled in nicely (I'm getting the hang of this...)

• ASDf Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Keeping the children out of mischief

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

We've just had our claim for DLA rejected,the reasons given were because T can go to the toilet himself (although his hygiene needs checking afterwards),he can go out by himself (although we don't let him due to the fact he has been physically abused by groups of youths in the past),and can walk by himself (only if he knows were he's going and doesn't get distracted on the wayand he's not in a crowd of people).
Don't know if there's much point in appealing.

#30 mum of 4

mum of 4

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Take That, chilling out infront of the telly, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate (hence the expanding belly).Most of all my family.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Phil the chef,

you must appeal, the guide lines for dla are if your child needs more help than a child of the same age. You must of had an idiot looking at your application.

good luck.

Edited by mum of 4, 24 January 2012 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users